Indoor Triathlon USA: Los Angeles is the innagural event in the 2017 national series. Like all indoor triathlons it's controled enviroment is perfect for beginners. But unlike other indoor events it is perfect for the uber competitor.
ITUSA provides virtually identical courses in every city allowing athletes from various regions to compete against each other and vie for All American honors. What truly separates ITUSA from other indoor events is its use of Elite Fluid Trainers. Arguably, with most indoor events, the bike segment is a throw-away; in no way an accurate test of the athlete's biking power. With the Elite system it automaticly calibrates to the athlete's weight. The more an athlete weighs the more power they must exert.
Every Indoor Triathlon USA race is an i55 distance event; 10 minute swim, 30 minute bike, 15 minute run. Please take a look at the Indoor Triathlon USA web site for detailed information on: Course Layout, Training Tips, Ranking System, World Championship and All-American Honorees.
Special Note: In 2017, Indoor Triathlon USA is proud to donate $5 per entry to our series sponsor; The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. The Los Angeles event specifically in partenrship with the event host Bay Club will up that donation amount to $20 per participant!
Event details and schedule
Bay Club - South Bay 2250 Park Place El Segundo CA 90245
- through 09/08/16 – $65.00
- through 10/08/16 - $70.00
- through 12/31/16 – $75.00
- through 01/06/17 – $80.00 (on-line registration closes 11:59 pm 01/06/17)
- Early Packet Pick-Up/ Race Day 01/07/17 – $85.00
Early Packet Pick-Up:
Saturday 01/07/17 3:00 pm -6:00 pm
3550 Redondo Beach Blvd
Torrance, CA 98054
Wave A: 8:00 am
Wave B: 8:20 am
Wave C: 8:40 am
Wave D: 9:00 am
Wave E: 9:20 am
Wave F: 9:40 am
Wave G: 10:00 am
Wave H: 10:20 am
Wave I: 10:40 am
Wave J: 11:00 am
Wave K: 11:20 am
Wave L: 11:40 am
Wave M: 12:00 pm
Wave N: 12:20 pm
Wave O: 12:40 pm
Wave P: 1:00 pm
Waves added as needed
Course Information -
10 Minute SWIM / 30 Minute BIKE / 15 Minute RUN
Swim Course – 10 Minutes
- Bay Club- South Bay
- Every lane will be shared by two athletes, allowing them to split the lane and swim unimpeded at their own pace
- 25 yard pool
- There are length-counters tracking the distance you have swam at every turn.
- At the 9 minute point a “1 minute left” announcement is made
- At 10 minutes a horn sounds signaling the end your swim.
- Swimmers may not exit pool until the 10 minute horn sounds.
- Swimmer may exit at either end of the pool.
- Athletes should proceed directly to transition 1 / biking area
Transition 1 – 5 Minutes
- Athletes have five free minutes from the sound of the horn signalling the end of the swim to the bike start.
- If they exceed the five minutes it will start to deduct from their 30 minute bike time.
- Transition area is located next to athlete’s bike.
- Athletes bike will be mounted for them on the Elite Qubo Trainer in numerical order, easy for the athlete to find.
- Once athlete has completed their transition they must stand next to their bike with 2 feet on the ground until the signal that the five minute transition has ended and the bike segment started.
Bike Course – 30 Minutes
- Athlete brings their own bike.
- Bike trainers will only accommodate wheel sizes of 20-29 inches. For most athletes this will not be a problem. But since we accept competitors as young as six (6) years old please measure the diameter of your child’s tire. The easiest way to do this is using a measuring tape measure from the outer edge of the bike tire to the opposite outer edge.
- Bike will be set up on trainer along with odometer ready to ride when athlete arrives from the swim.
- It is automatically calibrated by the weight of the rider/bike against the roller.
- At the signal, athlete has thirty minutes to mount bike and ride as far as they are capable.
- At 29 minutes into the bike segment a “1 minute left” announcement is made.
- At 30 minutes a horn sounds signalling the end of bike segment.
Transition 2 – 5 Minutes
- Athletes have 5 free minutes from the sound of the horn signalling the end of the bike to the run start.
- If they exceed the five minutes it will start to deduct from their 15 minute run time.
- Their transition area is right there at their bike.
- Once changed, athlete’s should proceed to the run start.
Run Course – 15 Minutes
- Lap counters will be located at either end, every 80 yards, to track athlete’s distance.
- A participant must complete a 80 yard segment within the 15 minute time limit for that yardage to count in their total mileage.
- After 15 minutes the horn will sound signaling the end of the race.
Age Group - Award Certificates (frame worthy) are given to the top three per gender in the following age groups: 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-17, 18-19, 20-24,,25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+
Team - Award Certificates (frame worthy) are given to each member of the top three (3) team finishers. A team must have a minimum of three (3) male and three (3) female members, although you may have more. Teams results are based the total distance completed by the fastest three (3) males and three (3) women on that team. Participants competing with a team are still eligible for individual awards.
Overall - Plaques are awarded to the Top Three Overall finishers per gender.
Every Competitor receives:
- A custom made Indoor Triathlon USA Swim Cap
- Finisher’s Medal (upon completion of the race)
- A custom made Indoor Triathlon USA Race Tee
There are absolutely no cash refunds given.
However if a refund is requested, NO LATER THAN SEVEN (7) DAYS PREVIOUS YOUR EVENT, you will be given a 50% credit for that same event next year.