Highly regarded worldwide and one of Western Australia’s iconic events, the Karma Resorts Rottnest Channel Swim is a 19.7km open water swim from Cottesloe Beach to Rottnest Island. Whether competing as a solo, duo or team, the Karma Resorts Rottnest Channel Swim is a ‘team’ event with all swimmers surrounded by a support network of paddlers, boat skippers and crew. The event, managed by the Rottnest Channel Swim Association, will be held on Saturday, 25 February 2017.
Event details and schedule
Event Categories & Entry Fees
The event categories and entry fees are:
Solo - $330.00
Duo (teams of 2) - $550.00
Team (teams of 4) - $1000.00
Lavan Legal Charity Challenge (teams of 4) - $1900.00
- Solo and Lavan Legal Charity Challenge: 8.00AM Monday, 24 October – 5.30PM Sunday, 30 October 2016
- Duos and Teams: 8.00AM Wednesday, 2 November – 5.30PM Sunday, 6 November 2016, or until sold out.
- Lavan Legal Charity Challenge Auction: following duo and team registrations closing.
Duos and Teams
Duos and teams are automatically categorised by adding together the ages of the participants in each duo/team. The categories are as follows:
Lavan Legal Charity Challenge
The 2017 Karma Resorts Rottnest Channel Swim includes 50 places for the exclusive Lavan Legal Charity Challenge category. This not only gives you the best opportunity for your corporate group or team of passionate swimmers to fundraise for charity, but also provides the ultimate opportunity – a guaranteed team entry early!
The first 30 team spots will be available during solo registration week, before the remaining 20 spots are auctioned off after registrations for duos and teams have closed.
Lavan Legal Charity Challenge participants receive the following benefits:
• An opportunity to an early guaranteed entry (first 30 spots)
• A separate morning briefing (for two team representatives) including complimentary light breakfast at Lavan Legal;
• An official Karma Resorts Rottnest Channel Swim Merchandise Pack for each swimmer;
• A donation made on your behalf to the charity of your choice;
• Compete for the Lavan Legal Charity Challenge Cup.
Please note: teams in this category are exclusively competing for the Lavan Legal Charity Challenge Cup only and teams in this category are not eligible for prizes allocated to the regular team category, including overall cash prizes and age group category merchandise prizes, regardless of the overall finishing position or age group finishing position.
Solo: Applications from solo swimmers for withdrawal from the Event received in writing before 5.30pm (WST) Friday, 9 December 2016 will entitle the applicant to a 50% refund of the entry fee.
Duo and Team: Duo and team registrations confirm their intention to enter the Event by making payment up front at the time of registering. There are no refunds for duo and team swimmer withdrawals following registration.