2020 Cal Tri Events Newport SwimRun - 5.17.20 comes to the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort, a 110-acre resort located in Newport Beach, Orange County, California. The race begins with a rolling start swim inside the Newport Dunes Lagoon which features a mile of beach front playground typically traversed by swimmers, sailboats and pedal boats. Athletes then transition to a well supported 5K or 10K run within the Newport Dunes & Back Bay View Park with aid stations every 1 mile. May is a great time to get an early season fitness check. The average air temperatures of 58-66 and average water temperatures of 65.
- Safe & Humane Rolling Swim Start.
- Early Bird Registration - $40 Sprint SwimRun, $50 Olympic SwimRun (includes insurance)
- Family Friendly - Youth 22 & under enjoy a 50% discount on all Cal Tri Events races
- Coached Clinics. Three 3-hour coached clinics or a total of 18 hours of instruction that get athletes race ready
- Goodie Bag. Includes participants shirt, finishers medal and free race photos
- Ideal for corporate wellness and charity fundraising organizations
- Earn points for pride and prizes as part of the 2020 Grand Prix USA
INDIVIDUALIZE YOUR RACE. There are 6 race options this year including up to 2 options at each distance. Choice is a good thing!
- Sprint - SwimRun, Swim & 5K Run
- Olympic - SwimRun, Swim & 10K
4:30 am - Volunteer & Sponsor Report Time
5:00 am - Newport Dunes Athlete Parking Parking Opens - $10 Fee
5:10 am - Packet Pickup Opens - Newport Dunes (Pavilion C) - ID Required
6:40 am - Athlete Check-In Closes
6:45 am - Transition Area Closes (Sprint)
6:50 am - Course Briefing At Swim Start (Sprint)
6:55 am - Swim Warm-Up (Sprint)
6:58 am - The Star-Spangled Banner/National Anthem
7:00 am - Sprint Distance (Rolling Swim Start)
7:05 am - Transition Area Closes (Olympic)
7:10 am - Course Briefing (Olympic)
7:15 am - Swim Warm-up (Olympic)
7:20 am - Olympic (Rolling Swim Start)
8:00 am - 5K & 10K Start
8:20 am - Swim Cutoff (60 minutes after Olympic start)
10:30 am - Awards Ceremony
11:00 am - Race Ends - All athletes must cross the finish line
AWARDS (TOP 3 OA MALE & FEMALE). 36 awards are given to the top 3 overall finishers, both male and female, in each event. There are no age group awards due to the number of events and the amount of time required to distribute them. Athletes will earn points in the Grand Prix USA standings which will be tallied by the end of the year.
SPRINT (18) - SwimRun, Swim & 5K Run
OLYMPIC (18) - SwimRun, Swim & 10K Run