Benefiting the 200 Club of Wake County
Fit & Able is proud to bring back the Cozy Toes race at its new home hosted by the NC State Highway Patrol as a part of their mission to improve the quality of life in our community. Join us at Cosy Toes help support the 200 Club of Wake County and to learn more about the Department of Public Safety and how it serves you and your family. And while you are there, have a great race and enjoy the festivities!
Runners will have the opportunity to run on the NC Highway Patrol Driving Track. There is NO SPEED LIMIT on the track so go as fast as you can!
Please invite your friends and family to join you to support this incredible organization.
The 200 Club of Wake County is an organization of concerned citizens dedicated to providing immediate financial help for the spouse and children of police officers, sheriff deputies, firemen, EMS squad members and North Carolina State Highway Patrol serving in Wake County who lose their life in the line of duty
Cozy Toes is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
- 8:30 - 9:45 AM - Registration & Packet Pick-up
- 9:45 AM - Little Trooper Trot Mile Start
- 10:00 AM - 5K & 8K Start
- 11:30 AM - Course Closes
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: NC State Highway Patrol Academy Driving Track (380 East Tryon Rd., Raleigh 27603 - Between Hammond Rd. & Garner Rd.)
Course Information: The course is around the Driving Track; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 8K, or Mile. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Race Souvenirs: Cozy Toes long-sleeve shirt included with registration and finisher gift guaranteed for 8K and 5K if registered by October 31st. Shirts are also available separately for $20.
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports. Must be present to receive awards; no awards will be mailed out or left at Omega Sports. Save your Cozy Toes bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
- 5K & 8K Awards:
- Top 3 Male/Female Overall
- Top Male/Female Age Group (9 & Under, 10 - 14, 15 - 19, 20 - 29, 30 - 39, 40 - 49, 50 - 59, 60 - 69, 70 & Over)
- 1 Mile Awards:
- Top 3 Male/Female Overall
Online registration closes on November 20th at 8 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
* * * NO REFUNDS, TRANSFERS, or EXCHANGES. * * *
We can't wait to see you at the Cozy Toes!
* * * * *
Cozy Toes and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.