The We Run - They Fly run/walk is an event which benefits the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight of Southeastern Wisconsin. The 5th annual event will take place on Sunday, July 26, 2020 along the Oak Leaf Trail starting in Cupertino Park near the South Shore Yacht Club. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, our donations to the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight totaled more than $35,000 last year. This means the 2019 run/walk allowed Stars and Stripes Honor Flight to fly a full plane of veterans to Washington DC.
With your participation in our event you will be helping the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight to continue to fly our WWII, Korean and Vietnam War Veterans on a one day, all expenses paid trip to Washington DC, to visit their memorials and experience a full day of honor and thanks. Most of our oldest heroes have never been thanked for their service to our nation many years ago, and they often say, that aside from their wedding day, their honor flight day is the best day of their lives.
VOLUNTEERS: We are in the process of setting up our volunteer registration, so please wait to register as a volunteer. Check back soon for updates!
- Our 5th annual run/walk features both 5K and 10K options. The courses for both the 5K and 10K are paved, but do include some hills, so plan accordingly if bringing strollers/walkers/wheelchairs.
- We do not offer a children's category at this time. If you would like your child to receive a t-shirt and race packet, please register them individually.
- T-SHIRTS: T-shirts are unisex sizes. We cannot guarantee a race t-shirt for registrations after July 1st. We will do our best to accommodate for those registering after that date.
- VETERANS: As a thank you, your race entry is free! Please be prepared to show military ID at packet pickup if requested.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 11:59PM ON THURSDAY JULY 23. Anyone planning to register after that time will need to register in person at packet pickup on Friday or Saturday, or between 7:30 and 8:30am on race day under the registration tent.
- If you are not looking to participate but wish to donate, you may do so at the link above. Donations are also accepted at PO Box 100103 Cudahy, WI 53110
PACKET PICKUP: Packet pickup with take place on Friday July 24th from 4-7pm and Saturday July 25th from 9-11am. Packet pickup will be held at 2120 E Nock Street, across the parking lot from the South Shore Yacht Club. YOU MAY PICK UP family/friends/team packets along with yours.
Race Day Information
7am: Volunteers report to South Shore Yacht Club
7:30am-8:30am:Packet pickup and Same Day Registration
8:45am: Opening Ceremonies
9am: Run/walk starts
- PARKING: Free parking is available in the South Shore Yacht Club parking lot and surrounding neighborhood streets.
- RAFFLE PRIZES GALORE AND A 50/50 RAFFLE will be available so bring those wallets and purses!
- BAG CHECK: We will provide a SECURE and GUARDED area for you to store your belongings while on the race route.
- FOOD, LIVE MUSIC and free beverages will be available following the completion of this year's event. Please plan to hang around, patronize one of our number one supporters, the SOUTH SHORE YACHT CLUB.
- MEDALS will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in both the 5K and 10K events.
- RACE COURSE: A map of the 5K and 10K courses will be added to the registration page soon. Maps will also be available on race day.
The We Run - They Fly committee would like to thank everyone who has helped us get to year number 5! We would not be able to make this event happen without the generous support of our friends, family, volunteers, donors, and sponsors. We look forward to making the 5th annual run/walk better than ever!