Join us on Sunday, October 25, for the Third Annual Sri Chinmoy Half-Marathon at Rockland Lake State Park, featuring a scenic, "pancake flat" and fast course around the lake. The perfect PR race!
What, not up for a Half-Marathon, you say? For a morning of fun, grab some friends and sign up for the Half-Marathon Relay! 2-5 members per team, see details below.
8:30 AM start. USATF certified course
Sponsored by the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team in cooperation with the New York State Parks System.
Event details and schedule
Bag check, aid stations every mile, free T-shirt (guaranteed if registered by October 9), medals for all finishers, and our famous post-race pancake breakfast!
REGISTRATION AND FEES:
We strongly recommend pre-registering for this event, race-day registration may not be available.
Register Online through this website. (Processing fee applies).
Register by mail: Download entry form from our race webpage. Entry must be postmarked NO LATER than Friday, October 9 to be accepted.
Half-Marathon: Early: $40, Late: $50, Race-Day (IF available): $60
Half-Marathon Relay: Early: $25, Late: $30 (per team member). Race-Day (IF available): $35 per relay member on race-day, 7:30-8:15AM
Early registration: Through Friday, October 4 (by mail, or online)
Late registration: Through Friday, October 23, 5:00 PM (online only)
Race-day registration: 7:30-8:15 AM on race-day, IF available. Cash, check, money order ONLY. (Sorry, no credit cards). Please check our race webpage on Oct 23 to see if race-day registration will be offered.
Remember: Register early to save yourself a few bucks, guarantee yourself a T-shirt, and make things easier for us!
A scenic paved pathway around Rockland Lake, accurately measured USATF certified course. Start is near Parking field 5, beginning with one 1.3 mile "mini-lap" (out-and back section along the south end of the lake), then four complete 2.96 mile laps of the lake (clockwise), finishing again near Parking Field 5. For the purposes of lap counting, the initial 1.3 mile section is called a "mini-lap", the subsequent four complete laps are considered laps 1,2,3,4.
HALF-MARATHON RELAY RULES
- There are 3 relay team categories: All male, all female, or mixed. The team's category is determined by the gender makeup of the team after online race registration closes.
- Each relay team must have 2 to 5 team members.
- Half-Marathon = initial 1.3 mile mini-lap (out-and-back section) followed by four full 2.96 mile laps
- Each team member must complete at least one lap (or the "mini-lap" at the beginning of the race). .
- If the relay team has less than 5 members, at least one team member must complete more than one lap (whether the mini-lap, or a full lap). It's up to the team's strategy which team member(s) complete the extra lap(s), and in which order the laps are completed.
- Each team will be given an official relay baton. The baton must be carried on all laps, and passed from one teammate to the next inside the designated relay transition zone (near the start line)
- All relay team members must pre-register either by mail or online through our RedPodium registration page.
- For online registration, the first team member to register must "create" a relay team as they register
- Additional relay team members must register and pay for their entries separately, making sure to sign up for the same relay team.
Half-Marathon - Men's and Women's awards categories:
Under 50: Top 7
50-59: Top 3
60-69: Top 2
70 & over: First Place
First place each for top men's team, women's team, and mixed team
Medals for all finishers
Awards ceremony at 11 AM
Free race T-shirts guaranteed for all participants registered by Friday, October 9.
For participants registered after October 9, remaining T-Shirts will be available at the race on a first-come first-serve basis.
T-Shirt sizes are Unisex: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2XL
POST-RACE PANCAKE BREAKFAST!
Hot pancakes are even more enjoyable when they’re earned, and we’re cooking them up fresh for everyone on race day!
All participants have until 11:45 AM (3 hrs 15 minutes) to finish the race, which is a minimum average pace of 15 min/mile.
Half-Marathon: Open to ages 16 & up
Half-Marathon Relay: Open to ages 13 & up (10 & up if participant is running the 1.3 mi "mini-lap" only)
RACE NUMBER PICKUP:
Number pickup will be on race day only, between 7:30-8:15 AM
Please familiarize yourself with the map and directions on our race website before race day, we don’t want you to get lost!
IMPORTANT: you must enter any parking lot inside the park BEFORE 8AM, otherwise you will be charged the $8 NYS Parks imposed vehicle fee.
Will be posted on our race webpage within 24 hours.
From race directors to course monitors, all Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team races are staffed by its own volunteers since the Team’s inauguration in 1977 by its founder and fitness advocate, Sri Chinmoy.
Today, the SCMT organizes over 500 races a year in 20 countries across 5 continents, ranging from short kids fun-runs, to marathons to the world’s longest certified road race – the annual Self-Transcendence 3100 mile race (yes, 3,100 miles, it’s not a typo!). We love running and putting on races – we hope you enjoy the friendly atmosphere we provide, free of commercial sponsors. Read more >>