Join us on Friday September 18th from 8:00 am to 2:30pm for this informative conference for professionals, caregivers, and anyone interested in learning more about living with epilepsy! Presented in partnership with Premier Health. This conference will be held at Miami Valley Hospital in the Berry Building Auditorium located at 1 Wyoming Street, Dayton, Ohio 45404.
The Epilepsy Alliance Ohio is dedicated to supporting those impacted by epilepsy in local communities by confronting the spectrum of challenges created by seizures. Premier Health is committed to improving your quality of health at every stage by improving your access to top-tier health services, expertise, and information.
Registration includes seminar, continental breakfast, and lunch**. Non-professional registration is free and Professional registration (includes CME's) is $30 per person. You can also register for an epilepsy VR experience - "Experience Living with Epilepsy. Hear Jane's words, see what she sees, feel what she feels."
8:00 - 8:40 am: Registration, Exhibits& Continental Breakfast
8:40 - 9:00 am: Welcome & Remarks (Premier Health and Epilepsy Alliance Ohio)
9:00 - 10:15 am: General Session: Overview of Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, Surgical Options and Offering Hope.
- Barbara Phillips, MD: Several patients will share their experiences.
10:15 - 10:30 am: Break
10:30 - 11:15 am: Concurrent Sessions (select one)
- Session 1: Sleep and Epilepsy (Cassandra Milling, MD)
In this presentation we will discuss how sleep is connected to seizure control. We will discuss different stages of sleep and therapeutic intervention.
- Session 2: Employment, Driving and Legal Issues (Doug Simmons, LSW)
This session will discuss the challenges that seizures can present to work and driving and some practical ways to overcome these obstacles.
11:15 - Noon: Concurrent Sessions (select one)
- Session 3: Cognition and Epilepsy (Fadi Tayim, PhD)
This session will explore the most common cognitive complaints experienced by patients with epilepsy, as well as some strategies to help.
- Session 4: Finding the Right Medication (Michael Kentris, DO)
This session will explain the way doctors diagnose and treat seizures with medication.
Noon - 12:45 pm: Exhibits and Luncheon
12:45 - 2:00 pm: General Session: CBD and Epilepsy; What You Need to Know
- Timothy Sauer, PhD: This session will give a brief history of the use of CBD and its use in treating seizures. It will also explore issues surrounding medical dispensaries in the state of Ohio.
2:00 - 2:30 pm: General Session: Questions I Forgot to Ask
- Panel: Barbara Phillips, MD (Premier Health); Michal Kentris, DO (Premier Health); Doug Simmons, LSW (Epilepsy Alliance Ohio); Steve Hutton, Ed.D. (Epilepsy Alliance Ohio); Timothy Saurer, PhD (Greenwich Biosciences)
- The panel will provide views and advice on concerns expressed by audience members.
Registration deadline is April 15, 2020. Registration is available at the door as space allows; however, no food will be available for same day registration.
** Please notify us of dietary restrictions**
Please notify us if you have any special needs (interpreter services)
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Wright State University (WSU) and Premier Health. WSU is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. WSU designated this Live activity for 4.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.