Join us for the 2nd Annual Wicked Marathon, Half Marathon, 4 Mile and Spooky Sprint! This event is fun for the whole family and guarantee a wicked good time!
This event is a USATF Sanctioned event taking place on a USATF Certified course, making it a national qualifier for Boston and other major national and international events!
The course will take you through dedicated running trails (all asphalt and concrete) of the New River Trail System, starting and ending at Rio Vista Park in Peoria - meaning no need for transportation before or after the race just to get back to your car!
Stroller and leashed pet friendly!
Spooky Sprint is an untimed half mile kids run. All kids will receive a trick or treat bag at check in and will be able to trick or treat along the course from our volunteers!
So bring the whole family out for a wicked good time!
We will have a time limit for the Marathon and Half Marathon distances. The cut-off time for the Marathon will be 6.5 hours and the cut-off time for the Half Marathon will be 6 hours.
Virtual Run Details
Of course we want you to participate in the Wicked Marathon, Half Marathon and 4 Mile event locally but we know things come up. So, if you can't join us on race day and still want to run, get the medal and the shirt then you still can. Here is your way to take part in this event no matter where you are. And of course, all prices include shipping!
After you run you complete your run we want to share in your success! Just post your time to our event page on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/startlineracingaz
Please note that all items will be shipped following the event on October 29th.
What You Get!
- Custom Event Medal for ALL participants
- Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-Shirt for ALL participants
- Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups for the marathon, half marathon and 4 mile distances (Race Day Participants Only)
- Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (bagels, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc) and CANDY!
- Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple and Google)
- Course set/marked by a professional race management team to maximize your experience!
Event details and schedule
Water Station and Course Support Information
- Water and Gatorade will be located at miles 2, 4, 5.57, 7.39, 8.42 (turnaround #1), 9.55, 11.33, 12.88, 13.73, 15.93, 17.94, 19.67 (turnaround #2), 21.32, 23.33, and 25.53.
- GU Gels will be available for half marathon and marathon runners at miles 7.39, 9.55, 17.94, and 21.32.
Restrooms will be located on the course at miles 4.44, 7.39, 9.55, 13.06 (start/finish line), 15.93, 17.37, 21.87 and 23.33.
- There is a time limit for the Marathon and Half Marathon distances. The cut-off time for the Marathon will be 6.5 hours and the cut-off time for the Half Marathon will be 6 hours.
Race Day Information
Race Day Registration will be available beginning at 6:00am.
- We accept cash, check, and credit cards (Visa or Master Card) on race day
Prices on race will be Marathon - $100, Half Marathon - $80, 4 Mile - $50, Spooky Sprint - $20
Stroller friendly event
- Leashed pet friendly event
Packet Pick-Up Opportunities
Packet Pick-up is available on Friday, October 27th from 4-7pm at Road Runner Sports Scottsdale (map)
Road Runner Sports is located at 7077 E Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- Sunday, October 29, 2017 at Rio Vista Park (race location) beginning at 6am.
October 27 04:00 PM - Packet Pick-up at Road Runner Sports in Scottsdale from 4-7pm
October 29 06:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration Opens
October 29 07:00 AM - Marathon Begins
October 29 07:30 AM - Half Marathon Begins
October 29 08:00 AM - Spooky Kids Sprint
October 29 08:30 AM - 4 Mile Begins
October 29 09:45 AM - Award Ceremony Begins (approx)