This is the sixth year we have had triathlons at Lake Brandt Marina, and we are changing it up a bit more this year! Due to marina usage, we have been asked to move Nat Greene’s Revenge to the fall. This should make for a fun fall race in preparation for your 2020 long distance fall race!
At Nat Greene’s Revenge, we have three events you can sign up for:
Motus Off Road Triathlon: A sprint triathlon swimming 800 meters, and then taking off on the mountain bike trails around Lake Brandt for 14.5 miles and finishing with a tough 5K running on the Nat Greene Trail.
*if trails are closed on race day, racers will have option to switch to road race or off-road aquathon
On Road Triathlon: A sprint triathlon swimming 800 meters, and then cycling 12.5 miles on the rolling hills outside of Lake Brandt Marina and finishing with 3.25 miles of road running in the adjoining neighborhood.
Duathlon : Duathletes will run 2 miles, jump on their bikes for 12.5 road miles of cycling on the same bike course as our triathletes, and then they will run 3.25 miles on the road to finish the race!
Event details and schedule
Parking will be available at the marina for the first 50 cars. Overflow parking will be available at trailheads on Lake Brandt Rd. and at Jesse Wharton Elementary School (5813 Lake Brandt Rd Greensboro, NC 27455)
Schedule of Events
Early Packet Pick Up, September 18th
- 3:30 – 6:00pm – Packet Pick Up and Registration at Fleet Feet Greensboro (3731 Lawndale Dr, Greensboro)
Race Day Schedule, September 19th:
- 7:00 am – Race-Day Packet Pick-Up
- 8:15 am – Packet Pick-Up Closes
- 8:15 am – Pre race meeting at Transition Area
- 8:30 am am – Race Start (TRANSITION AREA CLEAR)
- 8:30 am – Off Road Wave
- 8:33 am – Duathlete Wave
- 8:36 am – Males/Relays On Road
- 8:39 am – Female On Road
- 10:45 am – On road and duathlon awards ceremony
- 10:55 am – On road course closes
- 11:30 am (approx.) – Off road awards ceremony
- 11:40 am – Off Road Triathon Course Closes
Note: Due to time constraints the course closure times for this event will be enforced