We are excited to introduce another event to our series of runs! This trail run is located at the Ward Charcoal Ovens State Park just south of Ely, Nevada. There will be a 4.2 mile loop on the Ward Legacy Trail and a 2 mile beginner loop on the Riparian Loop Trail.
The Ward Legacy Trail is an ATV trail that winds through pinyon and juniper trees and climbs for a scenic view of Steptoe Valley and a view of Mount Wheeler at Great Basin National Park! The trail connects to a dirt road that will take runners back to the Riparian Loop Trail to the Finish Line. There are a few short steep climbs and downhills. The trail consists of packed dirt, loose gravel, to some rocky loose areas. The trail will not be closed to ATV's but it is not anticipated there will be much traffic event day.
The Riparian Loop Trail is a hiking trail with gentle rolling terrain along Willow Creek. This 2 mile trail run is great for beginners and kids!
Start/Finish Line/Onsite Registration will be located at the Day Use Trail Area at Ward Charcoal Ovens State Park.
**For the latest race updates and participant giveaways stay tuned to our webpage www.elyoutdoorenthusiasts.org, or follow us on Facebook.
** Location and or date are subject to change.
Event details and schedule
- This event is timed with prizes going to the top maile and female finisher for each course.
- There is no finish line swag, but we do have event specific hats available for purchase
- Registration includes the State Park $5 entry fee and all day use of the State Park!
- The Ward Legacy ATV Trail will not be closed to ATVs.
- Your well behaved leashed dog is welcome to partcipate with you.
- This event will occur rain, snow, or shine!