Livingston Manor Half Marathon & 5K
Featuring: Catskill Brewery
Saturday October 17, 2020
Livingston Manor, NY
FAST COURSES | PRIZE MONEY | BEAUTIFUL AUTUMN SCENERY | FREE CRAFT BEER | SAFE AND FUN ENVIRONMENT
Set in the Catskill Mountains, in the charming hamlet of Livingston Manor, NY, these courses are fast and full of beautiful, autumn scenery! We are super excited to have Catskill Brewery as the featured craft brewery for this event!! This is one of our favorite breweries and they create delicious craft beer, of many varieties. Catskill Brewery will provide each participant, of legal drinking age, with a complimentary craft beer!
The Half Marathon course is fast! It's one of the most scenic, point-to-point routes in the region, starting in Mongaup Pond Campground, following Mongaup Creek, the famous Willowemoc Creek, and finishing at Catskill Brewery in Livingston Manor. Runners should get the full experience of autumn in the Catskills!
The 5K Run/Walk is a loop which starts by Catskill Brewery, crosses the historic Covered Bridge, follows the Willowemoc Creek through Livingston Manor, then down Main Street, with all the shops/restaurants, and back to the finish at Catskill Brewery.
Finish line festivities include food for participants wearing their race bibs, music, lawn games, and of course, craft beer from Catskill Brewery.
Bring your family and friends -- spectators are highly encouraged and there is A LOT to do in the area!! Come spend the weekend!!
CHARITABLE AFFILIATE: This event supports Camp DeBruce, a conservation education, youth camp. Camp DeBruce exposes our youth to adventure, education and fun, while learning about the Catskill Mountains, its inhabitants, and conservation efforts. A portion of event proceeds will be donated to Camp DeBruce.
*COVID-19* Should COVID-19 prevent the event from taking place in-person, the event will transition to a Virtual Event.
Event details and schedule
8:00AM Parking Area opens
8:00AM Packet pick-up and race day registration booth opens
9:00AM Packet pick-up and race day registration booth closes
9:04AM MANDATORY Shuttle for Half Marathon participants
Leaves from Parking Area and arrives at Start Area
No drop-offs nor parking allowed at Start Area
9:45AM Shuttles end for Half Marathon participants
10:20AM Opening Ceremony at Half Marathon Start Area
10:30AM Half Marathon starts
11:00AM Opening Ceremony at 5K Run/Walk Start Area
11:10AM 5K Run/Walk starts
12:25PM 5K Run/Walk course closes
1:00PM Awards Ceremony
1:30PM Half Marathon course closes
1:30PM Event ends, but Catskill Brewery will be open : )
Both Half Marathon and 5K courses have been measured for accurate distance by the notable Brian Cavanagh!
- Fast!!! Overall downhill course with some small rolling hills. Challenge your PR!
- Runners ONLY - no strollers nor pets allowed on course
- 10:30AM Start at Mongaup Pond Campground (RUNNERS MUST TAKE SHUTTLE TO START AREA)
- Course closes at 1:30PM
- Fast! Mostly Flat, two small hills
- Runners and walkers welcome - no strollers nor pets allowed on course
- 11:10AM Start at Catskill Brewery
- Coursee closes at 12:25PM
HALF MARATHON COURSE MAP (may be subject to minor change)
To be determined -- participants will be given ample notice as event approaches. Participants will need to provide a valid photo ID upon pick-up.
LODGING: (Book quickly, don't wait!)
- Many beautiful AirBnB properties
- Casino lodging
- Local hotels and motels
- Livingston Manor Central School District Parking Lot
- Parking opens at 8:00AM
- Catskill Brewery is a 2 min walk from parking lot
SHUTTLES: (Half Marathon only)
- Shuttles will run from 9:00AM to 9:45AM, leaving from the Livingston Manor Central School Parking Lot
- ALL HALF MARATHON PARTICIPANTS MUST TAKE THE SHUTTLE TO THE START AREA. NO DROP-OFFS NOR PARKING ALLOWED AT THE START AREA.
- $200 for first male finisher
- $200 for first female finisher
- $80 for first male finisher
- $80 for first female finisher
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds!
For safety reasons, no strollers nor pets allowed on race courses. We appreciate your understanding.
Be sure to have a valid ID if you'd like to receive a complimentary craft beer from Catskill Brewery.
AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA:
- Catskill Mountains hiking and nature -- tons of it!
- Beer tasting at the local craft breweries
- Delicious dining and bar options
- Shopping at local boutique stores
- Learn to fly fish on some of the nation's best streams, or visit the Fly Fishing Museum
- Hit the links at a local golf course
- R&R at a local day spa
- Let it roll at the casino
- Visit local farms
- Attend a concert at Bethel Woods
We're looking for the coolest folks on the planet - volunteers!! If you're interested in volunteering for this even, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org