Oh, what fun! The Holiday 5K/10K and Kids Fun Run 1K is a more than a race; it’s a can’t-miss Christmas celebration.
Held on Nov. 21 and hosted by the Robertson County Family YMCA, this very merry race takes runners around historic Springfield and is followed by the state’s earliest Christmas parade. Come for the run; stay for the holly-jolly festivities.
Event details and schedule
- Pre-Packet Pickup: Friday, Nov. 20 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Historic Park. Get Directions »
- Race Day Packet Pick-up/Walk-up Registration: 8-9 a.m. at the Race Site, 600 S. Main Street Springfield, TN 37172
- Christmas Costume Contest: 8:45-9 a.m.
- Kids Fun Run Starts: 9 a.m.
- 10K Starts: 9:30 a.m.
- 5K Starts: 9:45 a.m.
- Awards: Within 30 minutes after the last eligible winner crosses the finish line.
- Christmas Parade: Begins at 2 p.m.
Overall awards will be based on gun time; Age Group awards will be based on chip time
- Overall Awards | Top 3: Male & Female
- Age Group | Top 3: Male & Female in the following divisions:
- 5K | 14 & under to 65+ (grouped in 5-year increments)
- 10K | 19 & under to 60+ (grouped in 10-year increments)
- Masters (40+) | Top 1: Male & Female
- Grand Masters (50+) | Top 1: Male & Female
You are allowed to claim a prize in only one category. All awards are given out within 30 minutes after the last eligible winner crosses the finish.
Participants will receive a free t-shirt on a first-come, first-served basis. Sizes are not guaranteed. Those who register beginning Nov. 20 must pick up their shirt after their race.
We expect our event to happen rain or shine. However, the safety of our participants is of great importance. In the event of adverse conditions (tornado warning, tornado watch, thunderstorm, heavy rain, or any other extreme weather conditions), the Race Director, in communication with the local law enforcement and the city, may delay the event, cancel the event, or make changes to the race course. Refunds will not be issued if the event is cancelled for adverse weather conditions.
Benefitting the Y
The YMCA Race Series benefits the YMCA of Middle Tennessee. As a leading nonprofit committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y nurtures the potential of children and teens, improves community health and well-being and supports people in need right in our own neighborhood.
By participating in the race, you're making an enduring, lasting impact in your community by giving everyone, regardless of age, income or background, the opportunities they need to learn, grow and thrive.