Run for Ukraine 5K run and fun run for kids is a charitable event organized by Utah Ukrainian Association, a non-profit organization. The 5K run starts at 10 a.m. on July 7 at Liberty Park, Salt Lake City. Runner registration is at the north-east pavilion of the park. The kids fun run will start at 11:30 a.m. Adult registration includes T-shirts, bibs, snacks and refreshments. Kids registration includes bibs, snacks, refreshments and face painting after the fun run. Adults can sign up online or on the day of the event. Kids can be signed up as part of online adult registration or on the day of the event.
Many Ukrainians lost family members and homes due to the ongoing war in Eastern Ukraine. For the last three years, Utah Ukrainian Association has been focusing on assisting the internally displaced families and children who lost their parents as the result of the war. We have also been raising funds and sending shipments to Ukrainian children’s homes, including nonperishable food items and other necessities these organizations in Ukraine are often short on. The proceeds from the event will go toward these charitable causes.
Following the run, we'll hold a silent auction with some great prizes provided by our community partners:
- Tickets to Hale Center Theatre
- Ski passes to Deer Valley Resort
- Baskets of goods from Kneaders
- Tickets to Boondocks
- Tickets to the Natural History Museum
- Professional photography services by Esem Photo
- Gift certificates from Black Bear Diner
- Bowling games and arcade passes from Fat Cats
- Haircut certificates from VIDA salon
- Annual membership to Red Butte Garden
- Family pass to Discovery Gateway Children's Museum
- Day passes to Utah's Hogle Zoo
You'll get a chance to get great deals on these items and contribute to a great cause while doing so. Big thanks to our community partners for making our 5K event possible!
We are a family-friendly event, and besides the fun run, kids can enjoy:
- Face painting
- Lawn games
- Ice pops
- Playground next to the pavilion
How Can I Participate Besides Running?
If you are looking for other ways to participate in our event besides running, please consider the following:
- Stop by our silent auction.
- Volunteer your time for the race: email firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.
- Bring your family for the fun run and other activities.
- Have your organization provide an in-kind donation to the race or the silent auction: email email@example.com to do so.
- Donate to Utah Ukrainian Association through this page.
- Stop by and cheer for the runners. They'll appreciate your support!
- Like us on Facebook and Twitter, and help spread the word by sharing the event and inviting your friends.
Thank you for your support, and looking forward to seeing you at Liberty Park on July 7!