Due to the ongoing pandemic, and the county and state orders regarding requirements for organized events, we feel it is in the best interest of our participants and volunteers to switch to a virtual format for the 2020 race. We aren't cancelling! We are providing multiple options for our participants, and awards for your efforts!
Our new format will allow participants to ride ANYTIME between August 15 and October 15. You may ride the Bear Trap or Trout Creek routes, or you may ride 38 (or 76!) miles in another location! Please understand these rides are UNSUPPORTED! Awards will be given out for the following:
- Fastest time, male/female, Bear Trap route
- Fastest time, male/female, Trout Creek route
- Fastest time, Cyclocross (Trout Creek)
- Fastest time, any 38 mile route
- 38 miles with the most elevation gain (single ride)
- 38 mile ride furthest away from the York Volunteer Fire Department (out of state, out of country, etc.)
- Most 38 mile rides during the 2 month window (any location, each at least 38 miles in length)
- Best photo on your ride (must be wearing your York 38 Special Bib)
- Additional awards may be added!
All activities must be recorded and verified using your choice of GPS tracking app or software (Strava, Garmin Connect, Suunto, etc). Riders must submit their times via the Results Tab by 11:59pm on October 15, 2020 to be considered eligible for awards (details to follow).
In addition to biking, you may also choose to run/walk 38 miles in any location! These runs/walks may be split for a combined 38 miles.
Bear Trap and Trout Creek routes - A challenging and exciting mountain bike ride covering 38 or 76 miles of breathtaking scenery. On the York 38 Special or the Spirit of 76, you will gain 3,000 vertical feet from lowest point of the ride (Nelson), traveling mainly on dirt roads and single track.