REGISTRATION: https://runsignup.com/Race/MT/Missoula/LocalsOnly. Stage 1 call up based on regi order
WHAT: Locals Only XC Omnium
WHEN: Monday August 24th, Tuesday August 25th, Wednesday August 26th
SUMMARY: A local cross country mountain bike omnium for Montana Area racers who want to beat their friend. Conducive to parent and worker bee schedules. Fun rule twists and competitive features have been added. Read the rules below for more details. Due to COVID-19, this event reserves the right to modify field sizes and start times. We will also be following all state guidelines for events.
Stage 1 XC - Stage 1 will be an evening race start, or after work/school start. This will be 3 or 4 laps on a Marshall XC Course. The Missoula XC pro course with the addition of road climb and lower hot sauce downhill. Locals are tired of climbing all the way to the top of Marshall, so we won't do that. Predicted efforts are set to be in the 1-2 hour range. This is your true XC stage. Play to your strengths, minimize your weaknesses. This race will have one gun start.
Stage 2 Mullet - This is the Mullet Classic. Your descend placement or uphill placement can be considered for GC. Choose wisely….how do you stack up against Missoula’s specialists? Go for individual stage glory or maximize your overall points? There are fun Mullet Classic categories. These categories apply to the stage only. The GC will be calculated off the scoring in the rules and applied to these 4 categories; men uphill overall, women uphill overall, men downhill overall, women downhill overall. This will not effect the fun Mullet categories already in place.
Stage 3 Short Track - Short track bro! Yes, you need to finish this. It will be the pro-style Marshall short track. Short Local Glory lap with lots of turns in the Marshall parking lot. Remember the same GC scoring counts for the A short track races, so every place matters. These races will be 20 minutes long unless you get pulled. 80% rule in effect and pro-rated placings will be awarded. Watch yourself, you might be doing one lap! If there are more than 30 riders in either the men or women fields we will add a B race to each field. Read the rules below for how that is split up, scored and calculated.
- Registration categories are Men Open, Female Open
- Final (after stage 3) Results will be listed as Men Open, Female Open, Men and Women 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69. Podiums for top 3 given at that time and winners of the coveted "Fastest Rider in Missoula Tshirts".
- The award ceremony will be Wednesday, August 26th, at that time we’ll honor our overall age group top 3 and deem then the fastest “X” rider in Missoula for each age with a special Tshirt. We will also honor our local team winners, more details below.
- There will be no podium for stage 1. There will be an individual podium for stage 2, there will be no stage 3 podium, just overall awards on 8/26.
- Stage 2 will take the rider's downhill segment place or uphill segment place (whichever the rider chooses to do). No stage 2 special categories will be taken into account for the GC (for example "family" category). The results will be organized into downhill segment women overall, downhill segment men overall, uphill segment women overall, uphill segment men overall. Omnium points will be applied to those 4 results lists.
- At the conclusion of stage 2, the overall GC will be calculated for Men Open and Women Open. The GC will be posted online on Competitive Timing’s website. If there are more than 30 riders in the Men or Women's Open, we will create separate races for stage 3. For example, if there are 30 riders in the Women’s open, the top 15 in the GC will race the A race of stage 3. The bottom 15 will race the B race of stage 3 and the B omnium scoring will come into effect.
- You aren’t considered in the GC results unless you do all three events. For example, If you win stage 1 and stage 2 but don’t finish stage 3, you aren’t considered for the final GC results
- Call ups for stage 3 will be based on GC. Call ups for stage 1 will be based on registration order.
- Team Competition will be a traveling trophy. Top 3 from each team count towards the score. Enter your team name down at registration.
Stage 1, 2, 3A
Stage 3B (70% of Normal Points)
3rd 19.6... etc to 30th place