JOIN US AND STEP UP FOR DYSLEXIA!
This family-friendly event is a 1-mile walk to raise awareness for kids with dyslexia. Kids are encouraged to create and become their favorite superhero! Be creative, think out-side-the-box, or invent your own superhero costume! Enjoy art activities, bubble mania, Zumba warmup and more! Walkers can get discounted deluxe ride bracelets to Oaks Amusement Park for the entire day after the walk for a greatly reduced retail rate! This is a fun way to raise awareness and connect with your community while supporting kids who learn differently and the work of Decoding Dyslexia Oregon.
SCHEDULE OF THE DAY
- 9 - 10:30 am Registration - (Get your t-shirt, snacks, and purchased ride bracelet, and capes)
- 9 - 10:30 am Activities
- Musical Petting Zoo
- Photo Booth
- Arts Corner
- Assistive Technology Table
- 10:30 am Welcome Address - Jared Blank
- 10:40 am Special Acknowledgements
- 10:45 am Prizes
- 10:50 am Zumba Warmup
- 11:00 am Walk Begins!
- 12 pm Park Opens - Ride the Rides!
- 12 - 3 pm Sheltered Picnic area reserved for families (bring /buy lunch)
Oaks Amusement Park | 7805 SE Oaks Park Way, Portland, Oregon 97202 | Area 1 (Near the Dance Pavillion)
1-mile paved loop (fully accessible)
Early Bird (March 15th - May 13th)
- The registration fee is $7. You may also choose to buy deluxe ride bracelets at check out for $16 each. We also sell costume capes for $5.
Late Bird (May 14th - June 7th)
- The registration fee is $14. T-shirts are not guaranteed for pick up on walk day. However, T-shirts will be mailed ASAP. You may also choose to buy deluxe ride bracelets at check out for $16 each.
You may register to participate up to one week prior to the race (deadline June 7th). To be able to get a T-shirt on race day, register on or before May 13th during Early Bird Registration. People that register as Late Birds, after May 13th, are not guaranteed a T-shirt on race day. T-shirts will be mailed ASAP.
Pack a picnic or get your lunch at the Park! Picnic tables available for your use. Snacks and water included.
FUNDRAISING AND TEAM DETAILS:
When registering, don’t forget to create a Personal Fundraising Page. You do not need to participate in the walk to create a Fundraiser and support this event. Or another fun option is to create or join a Fundraising Team! Prizes for:
* Most donations raised by an Individual Fundraiser
* Most donations raised by a Fundraising Team
* Best Team and Individual Costume
Know anyone who might be interested in helping us on the day of the event? We need volunteers to help with set-up, clean-up, registration, the T-shirt tent and so much more. All interested volunteers should visit our volunteer page for more information about event day roles and responsibilities. Click here for more details and to sign up!