On Saturday, February 25, 2017, Home of Guiding Hands (HGH) and Randy Jones, former San Diego Padre and National League CY Young Award Winner, will once again be joining forces at Crown Point Park, Mission Bay to help raise much needed funds for the programs and services HGH provides. We encourage you to participate in the event as a runner, walker or spectator and get to know other HGH supporters and community members. This year’s event will feature a family fun zone, bounce house, music, face painting, field day games, children’s play area, and much more!
WHO: You! Register as an individual or create a team.
WHAT: 2K/8K Run/Walk to help your colleagues, friends and neighbors as we take strides towards independence.
WHEN: Saturday, February 25, 2017
WHERE: Crown Point Park, San Diego, CA 92109
All the money raised from the event will go directly to HGH and the programs we currently provide. It helps to ensure that the people we serve live a life of dignity and purpose, lives that are not limited by what they cannot do, but are enriched by what they can do. With your help, we can make independence possible.
- Awards will be given to the top three finishers of the 8K Run in each age group.
- ALL participation will receive a participation medal.
- Register early to save! Early-bird registration ends on Friday, January 20th 10:00 pm. At that time prices will increase by $5 per person.
- Parking Info - Free Parking is available on a first come first serve basis.
- Pet Info - Unfortunately pets are NOT allowed at Crown Point Park. Please leave pets at home so they are not confined to your car for the duration of the Run/Walk.
- T-shirts - All registrants will receive an event t-shirt in the size specified on their registration form. You must be present to receive the event day T-shirt.
- Pre-purchase a Breakfast Burrito and a drink from Somberos Mexican Food with you registration. Complementary refreshments will also be available.
- For more information on HGH please visit: www.guidinghands.org
- EVENT SCHEDULE
- 7:00am Check-in/Registration Opens
- 8:00 am Run/Walk Begins
- 9:00am Family Fun Zone Opens
- 10:00am Awards & Sponsor Presentation
- 10:30am Meet & Greet with Randy Jones
- 8K runners will begin the race at 8:00am and will be lined up by mile pace. 2K Run/Walkers will start closer to 8:15am. Race waves will begin at 8am starting with the 8K followed by walkers and strollers 5 minutes later. At 8:15 the 2K runners will take off, followed by walkers and strollers. We encourage all runners and walkers to be lined up by 8:00am.
- All registration levels will receive event t-shirt, post-event snacks, participation medal and access to Family Fun Zone. Awards medals will be presented to the top 3 finishers in each age group for the 8K only.
- Age groups:6-10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and over.