We are very excited to bring you a unique night event--the Night Owl 10k & 5k Trail Runs at Starkey Wilderness Park!
Starkey Wilderness Park is an amazing Pasco County resource that is easily accessible to the greater Tampa Bay area via the Suncoast Parkway, I-75 and SR54--making it convenient for all to come and run with us in the woods.
The scenic hiking trails and paved multi-use trail in Starkey feature some beautiful pine flatwoods, oak hammocks and wetland areas along the way. The hiking trails are generally wide and mostly non-technical--though dim light adds an extra challenge. The paved trail is flat and fast!
Night Owl 10k Trail Run
- Start Time: 8pm
- Course: Two counterclockwise loops of a course that is about half dirt hiking trails and half paved multi-use trail.
- Aid Stations: One where the dirt trail meets the paved trail and one at the beginning of the second loop--both with sports drink and water. Unlike many road runs, there will not be an aid station every mile.
- Light Requirement: 10k runners are required to race with a headlamp or handheld light.
Night Owl 5k Trail Run
- Start Time: 8:10pm
- Course: One counterclockwise loop of a course that is about half dirt hiking trails and half paved multi-use trail.
- Aid Stations: One where the dirt trail meets the paved trail with both with sports drink and water. Unlike many road runs, there will not be an aid station every mile.
- Light Requirement: 5k runners are required to race with a headlamp or handheld light.
- Custom Race Shirt (guaranteed for pre-registration only)
- Post-Race Snack and Drinks
- Award for all Finishers
- Award for all Finishers
- First Place Male and Female Overall
- Custom Award for First through Third in each 5-year Age Group
- Main event parking will be in the fields on the right of entering the park. Look for signage and follow volunteer direction.
J.B. STARKEY WILDERNESS PARK
We encourage you to make a day or a weekend out of racing at Starkey Wilderness Park. There are great paved trails and off-road mountain bike trails--just great places to explore.
For Cabin and Camping Information and Reservations go to: http://www.pascocountyfl.net/Facilities/Facility/Details/Jay-B-Starkey-Wilderness-Park-24
Event takes place rain or shine.
NO ENTRY FEE REFUNDS.
Event details and schedule
Saturday, May 15
6:30pm--Check-in/Day-of Registrations (if not sold out) at the Education Center
8:00pm--Start of the 10k
8:10pm--Start of the 5k
**Start times are approximate and may be adjusted slighlty based on the sunset time. Be sure to watch Facebook and your email for race updates.
**AWARDS will be handed out as they are computed by our timers. There will be no official awards ceremony.