Join us September 17, 2017 in celebrating our 16th year in Long Beach! The Long Beach Triathlon promises you one of the most scenic races on the Pacific Coast. Beginning with a half mile swim inside the calm waters of the harbor break-wall, followed by a scenic bike course which travels along Shoreline Drive, Queensway Bridge, and past the Queen Mary. The course finishes with a fast run course adjacent to Shoreline Village and the Marina, and finishes on the beach. We hope to see you in Long Beach this year!
The Children Today 5k Run has a total entry fee of $35.
- $20 entry fee + $15 donation to Children Today (A 501c3 and the Official Charity of the Long Beach Triathlon) and is tax deductible.
| || |
ADDITIONAL VIP PACKAGE BENEFITS:
- Official Long Beach Triathlon Sweatshirt
- $20 Gift Card from ROKA (Run, Cycle, Swim Gear at ROKA.com)
- $20 Gift Card from TriathlonLAB (TriathlonLAB.com) on your favorite triathlon gear.
- One Box of the new Clif Nut Butter Filled Bars (quantity of 4)
- VIP Race Packet Pickup on Race Day (no charge!)
- VIP Race Clinic at TriathlonLAB in August 2017 just for VIP entrants. Special guest trainer (TBA) with food, beverage and the best in training and inside tips for the event. (Max 30 attendees)
- One Cannister of Herbalife H30 Fluid Replacement drink
- $15 Coupon Code for any Pacific Sports Event
Event details and schedule
10:00 am Expo opens for packet pick up
11:00 am Course Talk
2:00 pm Course Talk
4:00 pm Expo closes
4:00 am Race day parking opens- Convention Center $10.00
5:30am: Transition area opens at Alamitos Beach
700 E Shoreline Dr. Long Beach, CA 90802
7:00am MegaSprint Triathlon Start
7:05am Sprint Triathlon Start
7:15am SuperSprint Triathlon Start
7:45am Youth Triathlon Start
8:30am Children Today 5k Run Start
10:00am Awards Ceremony
The best place to park is in the Convention Center lot nearest the race course. The lot will open at 4:00 am, will cost $10 and all participants must cross Shoreline Drive at Linden Ave to get to the Transition Area. See the maps below for directions.
Packet Pick up
The Expo is Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM. It is at 700 E Shoreline Dr, Long Beach, CA at Alamitos Beach. Located where the bike path hits the Marina Parking lot. Below the Villa Rivera building, below the corner of Ocean Blvd and Shoreline. The driveway is off of Shoreline Drive, north of Linden Ave. Do NOT park in the Alamitos parking lot on either day. Park at the Convention Center or the Marina parking lot.
Course Talks & Information
We recommend that you attend one of the course talks, which are scheduled throughout the Expo/Packet Pickup Day. They provide you with tips on what to watch for on the course and how to get the most out of your race. Even if you've done this event before, there's something to learn.
We have also made adjustments to the run course to make it more streamlined and spectator-friendly. The run new course will: allow access for spectators to the finish line; make it easier for spectators to see runners at the halfway point and through the finish chute; and eliminate crossovers in front of Alfredo's at Alamitos Beach.
Run Course: 3 miles
Youth (11-14 yrs): 2k (1.2 miles)
Youth (7-10 yrs): 1k (.6 mile)
- Runners exit Transition, left-turn heading east along bike path.
- Runners follow bike path east to east-end turn-around, at approx. 14th Place; fluid station at turnaround (marked with red cross below).
- Youth runners will follow same route, with Y (11-14) turnaround at 11th Place and Y (7-10) turnaround at 5th Place.
- Runners head to west-end turnaround, at approx. 2nd Place; retrace to east-end turn-around: TWO LOOPS!
- Return westward to 1st Place, past turnaround; left-turn at beach access pad, to FINISH