Washington's Awesome Virtual Experience Run! A virtual run around Western Washington.
Add to the list of things you should not do while in quarantine and drinking vodka with your best buddie:. Think up new race ideas! But I did it again!
Yes! It's on! 500 miles of virtual running throughout the summer because I'm dumb like that and have like-minded friends! Here's the sitch:
- Sign up for either the 235 mile event (Long Beach, WA to Cape Flattery, WA). That's averages 2.3 miles daily, 16.1 miles weekly.
- or the 265 mile event (Cape Flattery, WA to Port Orchard, WA). That averages 2.7 miles daily or 18.9 miles weekly
- OR the WHOLE ENCHILADA! 500 miles from Long Beach, WA to Port Orchard, WA - headquarters for Run Amok Racing, Inc.. That averages 5.1 miles daily or 35.7 miles weekly.
- Starting June 1st, keep track of your miles walked or run daily. Keep track of all your mileage through September 7th (Labor Day, not ironically). That's 98 days, baby!
- You can even sign up your four legged running buddy! They won't earn medals or shirts, but their results will be posted and all proceeds benefit South Kitsap Helpline and Kitsap Humane Society
- You will be able to keep track of your mileage daily through our website.
- 235 mile entrants will receive a medal representing the Washington coastline
- 265 mile entrants will receive a medal representing the rest of Washington
- 500 mile entrants receive both medals for one giant medal of in the shape of Washington
All participants receive a bib, shirt and distinct medal representing the race you chose. If you sign up for the 500 miles, you receive both medals!
Be watching for updates and special guests who will be sure to make your virtual experience unforgettable!
What are you waiting for? Sign up and get ready for your big summer adventure starting June 1st!
Be sure and check for the add ons during registration. You can choose a coffee mug or face buff. We are hoping to add some more awesome things that will get mailed to you during the event.
Be sure and check out our STRAVA club by clicking on the STRAVA link to the right! Join the club, share your activities and meet some new friends.
Use hashtag #wave500 to share your pictures, stories and adventures!