2021 Hogsback Half Marathon Information:
Start Time: General race begins promptly at 9 a.m. on September 25, 2021. If you anticipate needing more that 2 hours 45 minutes to complete the course, we will be offering an early start at 8:15 a.m.
- Rural course on lightly travelled country roads along the Farmington River;
- Technical shirts for all runners in mens' and womens' sizes;
- 6 water stations stocked with water and Gatorade Endurance and gels available on course at miles 6 and 10;
- Great post-race food including baked chicken, vegetarian pasta, salad, baked goods and fruit (we also offer vegan and gluten free options, so if you have special dietary needs just ask);
- Custom finisher medals from Ashworth Awards;
- Electronic bib tag timing;
- Customized bibs with runners names;
- Awards in 5 year age groups; and
- Great post-race raffle prizes.
Course: Fast USATF certified course with a 100 foot net elevation decrease. You'll run on country roads through the towns of Riverton, Pleasant Valley, Hartland and Colebrook.
Awards: Top 3 overall male and female runners and 3 deep in 5 year age divisions (18 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69 and 70 +). Awards will not be mailed and you must be present to collect your award.
Proceeds: All proceeds from the race benefit Running for Rescues. Running for Rescues is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to saving the lives of shelter animals. Running for Rescues supports small, grassroots organizations on the front lines - people pulling animals out of shelters before they are put to sleep. The cost associated with their efforts can be staggering! Running for Rescues funds shots, spay/neuter, transport, boarding, or food while the animal is being fostered and gives animals the opportunity to find a forever home.
Event details and schedule
Packet pickup begins at 7 a.m. on race day (September 25, 2021).
Hogsback Half Marathon - General Start at 9 a.m. If you anticipate needing more than 2 hours 45 minutes to complete the course, we will be offering an Early Start at 8:15 a.m. (please register for the early start option when you sign up for the race)
Post-Race Celebration Begins - 10:30 a.m.
Awards Ceremony & Raffles - 11:45 a.m.