Take the steps to:
- Raise funds to advance IC research, education and advocacy
- Promote IC awareness in local communities
- Create communities of support for IC patients and families
Interstitial cystitis (IC) is recurring pelvic pain, pressure, or discomfort in the bladder and pelvic region, often associated with urinary frequency (needing to go often) and urgency (feeling a strong need to go). IC can affect anyone. More than 12 million people in the US have IC.
CO-HOSTS: Amanda Tickler & Christina Brown
Click here to see more information about the Walk venue.
Registration fee for the in-person event is $20 (includes t-shirt). Children under 16 are free (t-shirt not included).
Register before Friday, August 7 to be guaranteed to receive an #ICAwareness bracelet, Mardi Gras beads, and a Walk for an IC Cure t-shirt.
Awards will be given to the top fundraiser, the team leader with most registered members, and the team with the most creative name!
Anyone who fundraises $500 or more will receive a Walk for an IC Cure hoodie.
The event will consist of:
- Stretching Exercises
- Remarks from:
- Aubrey Kern, PT, DPT, PRPC, Cornerstone Medical Center
- Kate Wolf, PT, DPT, Cornerstone Medical Center
- Kemi Owoeye, APRN-CNP, Southwest Ohio Urogynecology
- One mile walk through Dominick Lofino Park
- Top Fundraising Team
- Team Captain with most registered members
- Most Creative Team Name
- Raffles for Gift Baskets
- Stay for a meet-n-greet with healthcare providers, fellow IC patients, and caregivers following the walk.