Regular Registration Does Not Open Until January 1, 2021! Please check back then to register for the 2021 Memorial Day Veterans Race.
We have exciting news, the City of Punta Gorda has to issue a permit for a live, physical events for the Memorial Day Veterans 5K & 10K Race! Our committee, made-up of runners and Veterans, has been working hard to re-envision the hometown racing experience and we genuinely want to provide a one-of-a-kind race experience that complies with all safety regulations and standards brought about by the Covid-19 virus.
That said, there will be some big changes for the 2021 Memorial Day Veterans 10K & 5K Race including:
The VIP Memorial Day Veterans 10K & 5K Race — The VIP race is a live, physical race limited to 300 runners! Enjoy the comradery, patriotism, and military flair that everyone has grown to love from the Memorial Day Veterans 10K & 5K Race!
- Limited Race Spots
- Packet Pick-Up at the Military Heritage Museum in Punta Gorda, FL
- New Race Theme
- New Race Route
- Prepackaged finisher meal provided by a local restaurant.
- Finisher water & beer provided by Peace River Distributing, Inc.
- A portion of all proceeds will go to Veteran Suicide Prevention.
- Gender-Specific Tech Race Shirt & Finisher Medal
- Each VIP Runner will be entered to win an iFit Treadmill (iFit Treadmill drawing will only happen if the VIP race is sold out! Tell all your friends and family to get signed up!)
The Virtual Memorial Day Veterans 10K & 5K Race — The virtual race is open to an unlimited number of runners locally and worldwide! Run anywhere, anytime convenient for you. Support our Veterans and receive a race packet with a shirt and finisher’s medal in the mail. The registration fee includes the shipping cost of each race packet.
The Cause and Race Theme - Our Veterans have sacrificed so much for this country, fallen on hard times, and are now dealing with the physical, mental, and financial stress of the COVID-19 virus. They need us now more than ever. That is why this year’s theme is honoring our Vietnam Veterans and we will concentrate on Veteran suicide prevention.