This event will be run on a USATF Certified Course and serves as a Boston/National Qualifier.
Join us for the 7th Annual Buckeye Marathon, Half, 10K, 5K, and 1 Mile Fun Run.
Known for its downhill and fast course
(marathoners will drop over 530 feet in elevation from the start to finish),
the marathon route starts in the community of Sun City Festival before
making its way around the beautiful White Tank Mountains and ending at the
runway of the Buckeye Municipal Airport.
Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1M runners will start and finish at the airport, with views of the
White Tank Mountains on the outgoing section of the out-and-back courses.
NEW for 2021 - A 1 Mile Fun Run has been added and will replace the Obstacle Course!
Proceeds will benefit the City of Buckeye Youth Scholarship Fund, giving kids the opportunity to participate in recreational activities throughout the city.
Event details and schedule
Due to COVID-19 there will be changes in place to keep everyone safe.
- There will be staggered starts with assigned start times for the Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1 Mile distances. Participants will not be allowed in the event area until their assigned start time. There will be a max of 30 people allowed to sign up for each time slot.
- There will be no water or Gatorade coolers out on the course or in the event area. We will only supply bottled water on the course. The event area will have bottled water and pre-packaged food.
- All StartLine staff and volunteers will have masks and gloves
- Participants will be required to wear a mask in the event area but not out on the course.
- There will be no awards ceremony. Age group awards will be mailed out following the race.
If, for some reason, the City of Buckeye decides to cancel this event, all registered participants will be given the following options:
- Transfer to 2022 event
- Transfer to virtual event
- Full Refund
If you have any questions in regards to this policy please email us at email@example.com