Obstacle course racing is the fun way to be fit, letting kids do what they do naturually. Bring your camera because there are going to be plenty of "dirty" opportunities in this mud featured race.
Event details and schedule
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Racers will compete on the course in “wave starts” of about 6-10 runners, 2-10 minutes apart. On the Thursday prior to the event (2 days before the race) wave times will be posted on our website. Wave times are expected to be done somewhere between 9am-12pm. Waves will be grouped age similar. You must look at this website posting to find your start time. It will not be sent individually.
- Racers should check-in no later than 30 minutes prior to their wave time.
- Race Tips and Obstacles will also be released 2 days prior. Please note that part of obstacle racing is preparing for the unknown and therefore some of the obstacles are purposely kept secret. For a good reference see the previous year’s Race Tips and Obstacles as listed on the website. If obstacle racing is new to you it is important to understand what it entails. It is a race over/under uneven and slippery surfaces, including mud. Please review all of the web details to understand the race.
- Obstacle Race Training program is offered the five Saturdays prior to the race. Space may be limited. Please register in advance.
- The race is located at the Maple Neighborhood Community Center. 3301 37th Ave., Sacramento. The Sacramento Adventure Playground (SAP) is part of the Maple community. Most of the race will be on the soccer field next to SAP. The starting/check-in point will be the outdoor basketball courts behind SAP.
- Parking is mostly street parking and we strongly suggest you give yourself ample time. You may access the race from either 36th Ave. or 37th Ave., both adjacent to the Maple Neighborhood Center.
- Starting at 12:00pm the Maple Center will host the annual Community FUN Day until 4pm. This is a FREE event sponsored by SAP, Crocker Art Museum, 916 Ink, La Familia, Powerhouse Science Center and ARTners. This is a family event featuring play, art, nature, science and creative writing for youths 2-15. A portion of this event will be available for play during the race window, as well as all areas within SAP not being utilized for the race.
- Team racing is new for 2020. Only a “team captain” needs to register. You can add this later, including race day. All individuals must have registered as an individual. We do not need the names until at the starting line.
- Website: https://sacadventureplay.org/dirty-kid-obstacle-race/
- Contact: (916) 222-3831. firstname.lastname@example.org
- All proceeds from this event go towards operation of the Sacramento Adventure Playground.