It’s time for MCAP's Run For The Hill Of It! As the safety of our runners, volunteers, staff, and board is always our top priority, the coronavirus pandemic is compelling us to host a VIRTUAL race this year.
How will the Virtual Run For The Hill Of It! work? Good question!
- run or walk anywhere they choose – trail, neighborhood sidewalk, treadmill – for 5 miles (kids for one mile) sometime between July 25th and August 1st at noon.
- not a runner? You can still participate! Bike, rollerblade, swim, do yoga, dance, or otherwise move your body for 30 minutes!
- go the distance all in one shot or over the course of the week, keeping track of your time/mileage.
- take pictures and videos! Wear your craziest gear, shout your most creative cheer, do you silliest dance with your friends and family - we'll post them all to our Facebook page! Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- mail MCAP wristbands to the first 100 people to register!
- mail special TIE-DYE race t-shirts AND re-usable face-masks to every participant!
- mail a special race hoodie to every participant or team that raises $250 and above!
- post all photos and videos we receive from participants on our Facebook page - www.Facebook.com/MCAPkids
- announce race winners on Facebook Live on August 2nd at noon and post them to the Virtual Run For The Hill Of It page on our website!
As with past races, Virtual Run For The Hill Of It! will raise critical funds for our work to end and prevent child abuse in Montgomery County through legal services, education and advocacy.
Ready to run (or walk or bike or swim or rollerblade or practice yoga or dance) for the hill of it? Sign up!