The Lander Running Club is hosting a FREE Virtual Competition to celebrate our love for running, our appreciation for community and to offer an opportunity for people to challenge themselves in a competitive format.
The races will be live from July 4th at 5am through Saturday July 11th at 10pm. You can run or walk the routes on your own schedule, you can try them multiple times to improve your time, you can dress up in your best Fourth of July outfit. Have fun with this. Challenge yourself to move out of your comfort zone. And be sure to smile while you are doing it!
There are three routes to choose from:
- The Firecracker: 1 mile on the track: Run four laps around the track as fast as you can! 1 MILE TRACK MAP
- The Sparkler: 3.5 mile trail race: Starting at the base of the stock bypass by the big boulder, run up the stock bypass trail to the Middle Fork trail. Continue down the Middle Fork trail back where you started to the Stock Bypass trailhead sign for finish. 3.5 MILE TRAIL MAP
- RiseUp Half: 13.1 mile road race: Start at City Park and run up to The Rise and back to city park for the finish.13.1 MILE ROAD MAP
- Triple Crown - Complete all three routes during the week
You may register for 1 distance or multiple distances. If you plan to run all three routes, register for each individual distance plus the Triple Crown category. After you complete your run(s), you can submit your result(s) on RunSignUp.com by July 13th at 11:59 PM.
If you don't already use it, visit Strava.com to create a free account. Join the Lander Running Club Group to follow other Lander runners. To record your route and time on Strava, please download the free Strava app on your phone or record on a GPS watch. You must report on Strava to be considered for prizes.
- LRC Strava Club HERE
- Route maps and start/finish directions can be found in Strava and below.