Join us for the 13th annual Strides for Hope memorial event for family members who have lost an infant with all proceed going to benefit Infant Loss Resources.
The decision was made to convert to the event to a virtual format to allow families to participate and stay safe amid social distancing recommendations. We greatly care about our communities and want to do our part to keep you healthy, keep our staff healthy and help minimize the spread of the virus.
Use the race as a motivation tool to stay active, compete against family and friends, and support an organization dedicated to providing family resources and building awareness around infant health. 100% of the race proceeds will go to supporting Infant Loss Resources educational and grief support programs.
Here's how it works:
- Pick a race distance or challenge
- We will hold a live virtual kickoff on August 8th to mark the beginning of the event
- Run your race or participate in the challenge and submit your results either by text message or email (if you've opted in) or by heading to the results page here by the deadline of August 21st at 11:59 PM (Central Time). Results update in real time as people submit their times. Be sure to take a selfie and post on social media with the hashtag #stridesforhope
- Tune in to the live virtual finale on August 22nd to continue the dove release celebration of life, share race results, see how other people participated and learn about Infant Loss Resources mission over the last year.
Here's what you get for signing up:
- A Strides For Hope t-shirt commemorating the 13th annual memorial event (t-shirt deadline is July 24th)
- Connection with other families remembering lost loved ones
- Motivation to stay active
- The good feeling that comes with supporting our community
Best Ways to Participate:
- Become a Fundraiser - The annual Strides event provides critical funding for Infant Loss Resources' programs supporting grief support, spreading awareness and education for safe infant sleep practices. Please consider setting up a fundraiser page to help support our mission here. This fundraising page can be connected to Facebook fundraising to help share and raise awareness with friends and family
- Start/Join a Team - Invite family and friends to participate in the events this year, share results to encourage each other.
- Track your distance and time yourself by following a local St. Louis area route provided by Big River Running here
- Refer family and friends using your referral code (included in your confirmation email), receive $10 toward your registration fee for every 5 people referred through your code (maximum of $20)
- Sibling Activity Challenge - Set up a fundraiser and encourage family and friends to commit to match every minute of activity with a donation.