This virus has canceled 2 of our favorite things: running races and tasting wine. Wine tasting is slowly coming back to the Cayuga Lake region, but races this summer are, so far, a no-go. I’d like to introduce you to the best of both worlds: Grapes on the Run - A Cayuga Lake Wine Trail Virtual 5K. This is the virtual version of the expression “will run for wine.”
Add this fun race to your social distancing and exercising routine! You aren’t just limited to running, either. You can jog, walk, bear crawl, row, bike- whatever your heart desires! (If you bear crawl the whole thing, you MUST post pictures and/or videos!)
Though we have the race weekend set for August 8-9, you can take longer if you need to complete the race and submit results before the medals and tumblers are mailed out on August 31st. Virtual races have much more leniency to allow for scheduling conflicts.
Participants will receive:
- A Grapes on the Run medal with lanyard to add to your collection (or to be the first in your collection!)
- A 10 oz Acrylic To-Go Wine Tumbler
- Cayuga Lake Wine Trail Magnet
- Access to racer-only discounts or promotions on award-winning Cayuga Lake wines at participating wineries (an email will go out to all participants closer to the race notifying you of each offering)
How to run a virtual race
- Register to run the virtual 5k
- Run or walk responsibly- alone or with friends/family! You can run on your treadmill, at your local high school track, on hiking trails, through town, you name it!
- Submit your results from the race weekend. The results are just for fun, but it’s neat to see where you ranked, especially if you’re a little bit competitive.
- Registration ends July 20 and spots are limited
- Medal and tumbler will be mailed to you after August 31st. (If you're local to Romulus, NY you can arrange to pick up these items at the CLWT office at Knapp Winery. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.)