WHO WE ARE
Conquering CHD-Ohio is a statewide non-profit organization and a program of Conquering CHD, a national organization. Our mission is to "Conquer Congenital Heart Disease." We are accomplishing this through collaboration with patients, parents, providers, and partner organizations to improve quality and outcomes through CHD education, support, research, and awareness.
To learn more, visit us online:
Conquering CHD: www.conqueringchd.org
Conquering CHD-Ohio: www.conqueringchd.org/ohio
Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) is a structural deformity present at birth.
Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) refers to the lifelong impact of being born with anomalies of the heart, whether structural or electrical.
WHY WE WALK & RUN
Each year, nearly 40,000 infants are born with Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) in the United States. CHD is the most common birth defect and the leading cause of birth defect-associated infant illness and death. (CDC, 2020)
We walk and run to honor and celebrate every individual and family member impacted by CHD.
Proceeds from this year's event will be used to continue advancing our mission by providing necessary funds to continue distributing Conquering CHD Hospital & prenatal kits, funding of college scholarships for CHD and transplant survivors pursuing higher education in and around Ohio, and medical research grants to help improve the lives of those living with CHD, as well as the numerous activities, events and educational programs Conquering CHD-Ohio hosts and supports yearly.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Donate to the 2020 Conquering CHD Virtual Walk & 5K!
- Become a Sponsor
- Start a Team
- "Like" & Follow our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages and share our stories on social media
- Support Local Heart Heroes
- Be #CHDAware and join our cause to help support thousands of babies and adults with CHD each year.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- Ability to run anywhere, alone or with friends!
- Ability to walk anytime and anywhere!
- Quality Custom CHD Awareness T-Shirt (Included for 5k Registrants only with the option for walkers and supporters to purchase separately)
- Custom Finisher Medal (5k Registrants)
- Placement Awards (5K event)
- Individual Fundraising Prizes (see 'Fundraising' section)
- Team Fundraising Prizes (see 'Fundraising' section)
- Tribute to Heart Warriors
- Investment in the local CHD community
Race Day Schedule (via Facebook Live)
9:00 Welcome Announcement and Moment of Reflection for Bereaved Heart Warriors.
9:05 CHD Speaker: Ryan Moore, 13-year-old CHD Survivor
9:10 CHD Speaker: TBA
9:15 RACE KICKOFF!
Together, We Will Conquer CHD!