If you have driven Interstate 71 outside Mt Sterling, Ohio, you've no doubt seen the "Hell Is Real" billboard. The sign has taken on additional meaning in recent years as the battle between professional soccer teams in Columbus and Cincinnati (cities separated most directly by the aforementioned I-71) has been dubbed the "Hell Is Real Derby" (derby being a British term for a game between local sports teams).
Soccer fans from both cities have made the 105-mile trip back and forth to catch a match, but how many can say that they have run or walked that distance? With the Hell Is Real Virtual Distance Challenge, you can do just that! The challenge starts on August 15 and ends on September 15, 2020.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
- Sign up and choose your distance depending on your level of experience with running and/or walking:
- One-Way Distance Challenge (105.71 miles)
- Home-and-Home Distance Challenge (211.42 miles)
- Get out and get moving - running and walking miles all count. Do your thing, and be sure to track your mileage, so that you can...
- Log your mileage and watch your progress tracked on the map automatically! We have simple tracking built right into the website. Simply go to the results page, submit your virtual results after each activity, and watch your icon move along the path. For detailed instructions on submitting your activities, please see our "How to Submit Your Virtual Results" help page.
WHAT DO I GET FOR SIGNING UP?
- Probably super fit. To complete the one-way challenge, you'll need to average just about 3.4 miles per day. If you take off on the Home-and-Home challenge, that's a bit over 6.8 miles to average daily. Nice!
- A comfortable tri-blend t-shirt (that soft cotton-blend type you wear all day on Saturdays) commemorating your participation in the event.
- A "Hell Is Real Virtual Distance Challenge" sticker
- A "Hell is Real Virtual Distance Challenge" challenge coin, for those who complete their respective challenge by September 15.
WHEN DO I GET THIS TASTY SWAG?
You'll be getting progressively fit as each day passes. We'll give you that in tiny increments as you run and walk along the way, we'll even give you free shipping. All other items will be mailed in the days following the completion of the challenge.
I KNOW THERE ARE RULES... WHAT ARE THEY?
We want this challenge to be fun, easy to understand, and motivating. Walk, run, hop, just get out and move (or stay in and do this on a treadmill, it's HOT) and report your mileage.