Swim Lesson Placement/Levels
Please use the following guide when signing up for swim lessons.
Step 1: Age
Please select the correct age range for the student. Please note, the classes are almost identical between ages ranges. Beginners will be taught a similar lesson in both the Tot and Youth age groups. The reason for the separation is to keep kids with similar attention spans, tolerances, and maturity levels together.
Tot age group: 3 to 5 years of age
Youth age group: 6 to 14 years of age
Step 2: Ability Level
Please select the general ability level of the student based on the skills provided for each level. If your student has no experience with the water, please enroll in Beginner lesson.
Beginner prerequisites: NONE
Intermediate prerequisites: Either pass a Befinner class, or be proficent in these skills:
-Alternating leg action on front
-Alternating arm action on front
-Comfortable submerging head under water
Advanced prerquisites: Either pass an Intermediate class, or be proficient in these skills:
-Swim 15 yards unassisted front crawl
-Swim 15 yards back crawl
-Tread water in water greater than head height
-Familiarity with breaststroke, elementary backstroke, and sidestroke
- Each session consists of eight- 30 minutes lessons.
- Falllesson sessions run on Tuesdays and Thursday for 4 week blocks.
- No make-up classes will be offered for missed classes unless class is cancelled by the Aquatic staff.
- Some sessions may contain a holiday. Classes that fall on a holiday will be cancelled and made up on Friday of the same week at the regular class time.
- Please schedule carefully, as NO REFUNDS will be given.
- Classes can fill quickly so REGISTER EARLY.
- Classes not meeting minimum enrollment requirements of 5 students will be canceled. In the event of a cancellation, participants will be offered a credit, refund or transferred to another available class.
- Winter/Spring Lessons, Feb.21 - Mar.16
- 4:40pm, Feb.21 - Mar16
- 5:20pm, Feb.21 - Mar.16
- 6pm, Feb.21 - Mar.16
- Winter/Spring Lessons, Jan. 24 - Feb.16
- 4:40pm, Jan.24 - Feb.16
- 5:20pm, Jan.24 - Feb.16
- 6pm, Jan.24 - Feb.16
- Winter/Spring Lessons, Mar.28 - Apr.20
- 4:40pm, Mar.28 - Apr.20
- 5:20pm, Mar.28 - Apr.20
- 6pm, Mar.28 - Apr.20