WHAT: Plano Running Club is challenging everyone to 10 miles of healthy activities a day for 10 days. This is NOT a running specific challenge. We are NOT suggesting you run 10 miles a day! As in the last challenge, we highly recommend you mix in cross-training and healthy lifestyle activities.
Qualifying activities: run, walk, jog, swim, bike, hike, yoga, Pilates, Crossfit, boxing, kickboxing, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, rowing, sailing, SUP, weight training, surfing, treadmill, cycling, spin class, Elliptical, water skiing, strength training, studio or virtual workouts. Yep, even gardening and yard work counts.
WHEN: Challenge kicks off Monday, 8/10 and ends at midnight Wednesday, 8/19
WHERE: This is a virtual challenge. You can do it inside, outside, in your backyard or the living room.
• We expect participants to abide by all health advisements and restrictions in your area prior to undertaking any physical activity.
• Any activity (ex. run, walk, bike, hike) you can track mileage counts as actual mileage.
• Any activity you cannot track mileage (ex. Yoga, dog walking, gardening, strength training) you get 1 mile for every 10 minutes.
Example: 50 minutes of yoga counts as 5 miles.
• You do not get extra credit for going over 10 miles a day. You cannot bank your miles and apply them to another day.
• You must complete the challenge in 10 consecutive days. No skipping a day once you start!
• You can do the challenge solo or rally your people back into action.
Example 10 miles day:
• 4 miles run = 4 miles
• 50 minutes yoga = 5 miles
• 10 minutes dog walking = 1 mile
• Day total = 10 miles