We're capping off a hot summer with the first annual Church of Pug Special Olympics!! Grab your favorite furry friend and hit the road in this 1 mile virtual race! All participants (including those of the four-legged variety) are welcome to run, walk, or roll for this event and can complete the 1 mile over several walks throughout the race dates. Just remember to keep a total of the time it takes to complete your mile and record it in the results section of this page!
All participants will receive:
- Entry into a raffle for one of three great prizes! (must race and submit your finished time in the results here to be entered)
- Special access to the Church of Pug store to purchase race swag for you and your pug racer!
- A certificate via email to showcase your participation in this fun event for a great cause!
We also have special prizes for:
- Best photo! Snap a photo of you and your furry friend once you've completed the race and submit it to the photo contest! To enter, simply upload your photo here -or- tag us in your photo on social media (@churchofpugofficial) and use #copspecialolympics -or- email us your photo directly at email@example.com. We'll compile the photos and the Church of Pug community will vote on their favorite! Be sure to join us on Facebook to vote! www.facebook.com/churchofpugofficial
- Highest Fundraiser! Part of the reason we hold special events like this is to help raise funds so we can continue to do the great work we've been doing to help pugs in need, and one thing is for sure...we couldn't do it without YOU! To show our appreciation for your hard work and efforts to help our organization and pugs throughout the PNW, our highest fundraiser for this event will receive a special pug-themed prize!
Participants have from 6:00 AM on Saturday, August 22nd until 10:00 PM on Monday, September 7th to complete this race and record their finish times here.
This event will help raise funds and awareness for Church of Pug, an organization purpose-built to improve the lives of pugs throughout the Pacific Northwest! Church of Pug started as an organization providing wheel chairs and hospice assistance for disabled and elderly pugs. With the closure of the Seattle Pug Rescue, Church of Pug has expanded its services to pug rescue and opened its doors to the masses of pugs in need of loving homes. Join our virtual race and help a pug live a longer, happier life!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@churchofpugofficial)!