37th Annual Thoroughbred Classic VIRTUAL 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, & Challenge - November 2020
We are going VIRTUAL for 2020! For almost 40 years, the Thoroughbred Classic has been a fabric of Thanksgiving Day in Lexington. In the past five years, the race has provided over $200,000 in donations to local charities. We do not want that to change this year. In this crazy world right now, we had to make the difficult, but also exciting, decision to go all virtual for our 2020 event. While we won't see you at Keeneland on Thanksgiving Day, going virtual allows us to offer several options we can't host live!
- MULTIPLE DISTANCE OPTIONS! Because you create the course, you can control the distance. You can stay with the traditional 5K (3.1 miles) or challenge yourself with a 10K (6.2 miles) or a half marathon 13.1 miles! This will likely be the ONLY opportunity you have the opportunity to run the Thoroughbred Classic as a 10K or a half marathon! Don't. Miss. It.
- SWAG! If you register by the OCTOBER 15th deadline, your race packet will include a fantastic long sleeve tech shirt, pair of PRO Compression socks, and FOR THE FIRST TIME IN RACE HISTORY, all participants receive a finisher's medal!
- CHALLENGE! Register by the OCTOBER 15th deadline for our challenge and complete all three distances and receive as part of your race packet/swag a unique challenge finisher shirt (unisex short sleeve tech tee for men, or women have the option of a tank!) and a SECOND medal. Talk about bling!
- Low Cost Option. We know lots of families like to do this race together. If you aren't into race swag, we have a lower cost, shirt only registration option for both the regular race and the Challenge that will run through November 4th.
- Mailed Packets/Swag. For an additional fee of $7.00, you can choose to have your race swag mailed to your door! (Packet will include swag only. We are not providing race bibs.) We will also offer a socially distanced packet pick up option where you can pick your swag up for no fee.
- OUR CHARITIES. This is a hard year. And charitable organizations are suffering as well. We are a run club. We give all of the proceeds to charity, typically upwards of $40,000 a year. Let's make sure this year is not different!
- TEAMS! You can still register your family/group as a team, and we will have fun prizes.
REGISTER EARLY. Because all proceeds go to charity, we are only ordering swag for folks who register by the required dates. We will still take registrations after the cut off date, but the only swag option will be past years' shirts, in limited numbers, sizes, and subject to availability.
FYI - In addition to our Registration Fee, RunSignUp charges a fee for using their service. You can see the schedule of fees HERE. You are charged one fee no matter how many people you register at once, so you can save a couple of dollars if you register everyone in your group/family at the same time.
We hope you are healthy and safe!
Your Bluegrass Runners Race Team