The Dyslexia Dash is going virtual!
Walk or run to bridge the reading gap! This annual event supports scholarships for teachers to learn about structured literacy and the science of reading and also for students' access to audiobooks. The KS/MO branch of the International Dyslexia Association has given out scholarships to teachers across both states to fund structured literacy training in line with IDA knowledge and practice standards so that all students can be effectively taught to read. This year, as school continues to change and adapt, it is vital that our teachers and families are supported in their efforts to support students.
Here's how it works:
- Download a timekeeping app (or just use your phone's timer while you run!
- Keep an eye on our Facebook page for playlist suggestions, stories from previous runners, and conversations about making your virtual run a blast for everyone! You can also set up your own individual fundraising page to get support from friends or family who don't want to run, but want to help teachers meet their students' needs.
- On the day, share your photos and tag KS/MO IDA! Use the hashtag #UntilEveryoneCanRead or #BridgingTheReadingGap
- Upload your times here and participate in the fun online!
- Keep an eye out for winners! We'll mail medals to the top finishers in each category after the race.
Keep running #UntilEveryoneCanRead!