It’s time for the Last Best Paddle of 2021!
Get your paddles ready and life jackets on and join us August 15th through September 11th for the Big Sky Paddle Challenge! We had a lot of fun with our virtual race last year, so we decided to do it again!
- You choose your vessel – canoe, kayak and/or paddleboard, as long as it is paddle-powered. Indoor rowing counts too!
- You choose your body of water and your distance. We have lots fun awards, and speed is not required.
- You can paddle any time between August 15 and September 11 - as many days as you want!
- Register and get a commemorative dry bag and the chance to win in the various categories
- You may participate in any or all of the challenges - just make sure you upload your files to the Results tab to provide your proof! Photos can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don't have a photo for the competition, we'd love to see (and share) photos of you out paddling.
To qualify for awards, you must record your paddle using an app such as Strava, Fitbit, Apple Watch, etc, and upload your file to the Results tab on RunSignUp.
Award Categories (and we may add more along the way!):
- Cumulative Mileage
- Longest Continuous Paddle
- Most Days Paddled
- Most Spirited Photo (must be wearing your bib, and be on/in your vessel)
- Best Photo with a Furry Friend (your bib must be visible, and the furry friend be on/in your vessel)
It has been a challenging year(s) for everyone, but luckily for Montanans, we still have the great outdoors. So join us for the Big Sky Paddle Challenge – we hope to see you on the water!