Start your fall properly in 2020 with an actual in-person 5K race!
This has been a very trying year for everyone in many ways. And one of the ways that many of us keep ourselves grounded (running) has been changed with little to no in-person events. Well... it's time for that to change.
Join Columbus Running Company and the Otto Family on the evening of September 22 and/or September 29, 2020, as we partner together at the Otto's Farm at Harvest Hills in Delaware, Ohio, to produce The Harvest Hills Stomp 5K! This trail and cross country style 5K course will provide you with some amazing scenery and your most memorable course experience of the year.
In any year, this would be a highlight for us all. In 2020... it's going to be magical.
This race will be safe!
Here's what we'll be doing to keep everyone as safe as possible, our COVID-19 protective plan:
- Contactless check-in
- Limited attendance (both for each day overall and within each wave start)
- Sending off runners individually from the start line (approximately every 15-seconds)
- Individually packaged post-race water/snacks
- Hand sanitization stations
Here's what we'll need you to do to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- Stay home if you're symptomatic. Please perform a self-symptom check prior to leaving your home. If you are experiencing fever, shortness of breath, or a persistent cough: STAY HOME!
- Socially distance - stay 6' from others.
- Bring a mask. Masks will be required by everyone (including staff, volunteers, spectators, etc) on-site when not running on the course. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you upon entry. Athletes may remove their mask at the starting line, carrying it with them to the finish where they will put it back on until they return to their vehicle.
- Spectators are permitted but will not be allowed in certain higher-traffic areas (immediate start/finish line). Spectators must follow social distancing guidelines, with individuals or family units staying at least 6-feet from other individuals or family units. Spectators will be required to wear a mask at all times.
Our safety precautions are in place for the safety of everyone involved and are a requirement for this event to happen. Without these safety precautions in place, this event will not be allowed to proceed. Thank you for complying, we all appreciate it!
30% of your race registration fee and 100% of all donations will benefit Harvest Hills Ministries, a 501c3, non-profit supported by the proceeds from Harvest Hills Farm.
Additional Event Information
Parking: there is ample parking at The Farm at Harvest Hills. Please follow all signage and volunteer instructions on race day. See the course/site map below for additional details.
Timeline: each event day will have the same timeline. We have waves of participants starting at 5:45 PM, 6:00 PM, 6:15 PM, and 6:30 PM. Please do not arrive more than one hour prior to your scheduled start time to best promote social distancing. Approximately 5 minutes before your scheduled start window, you can proceed to the starting area for final instructions. Participants will be started individually within the prescribed start window, and upon finishing will return to their vehicles for departure. Results will be posted to the website at the completion of each day and will be sent via email to all registered participants.
Swag: included with your registration fee is a race-specific technical fabric t-shirt, a pumpkin from The Farm at Harvest Hills, an actual in-person 5K, and a prepackaged snack bag for post-race. There is no pre-race packet pickup. Your race number and safety pins will be provided at the check-in area on race day, and your prepackaged snack bag will be provided after you finish. To reduce contact points and to keep costs as low as possible, your t-shirt will be mailed to you after the event. This will allow us to order all shirts for both events at the same time and be able to raise as much money for Harvest Hills Ministries as possible.
Awards: we will be giving awards for the following top finishers: top 3 male/female and top male/female finisher in each of the following age groups: 19U, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+. Awards will not be provided on-site, they will be mailed to winners post-event.