Welcome to the inaugural Run 2 BQ marathon at the world famous Margaritaville Resort in
If you have been trying to qualify for Boston and just missing out, this is your race. Our goal is
to give you a flat, fast course with sweeping turns to maximize your chance at qualifying. Our
unique format will be a 13 loop 2 mile course on within the confines of the Margaritaville resort.
Every loop you will have a water station at the halfway point of the course and an elite-style
station close to the start\finish line where you can put out your own nutrition. Each runner will
also be permitted to have a “crew” along a designated part of the course to lay out their
nutrition if you choose not to use our station. Everything about this race has been thought out
to maximize your chances of qualifying for the Boston Marathon.
Although not required, we highly suggest staying at the Margaritaville resort where the race is
taking place. We have a special rate that is good through Nov 30th, or when the resort sells
out. Click on this link to book a room, or during registration you can request a call from the
resort to book your room with a live person that can tell you all about the resort.
BONUS: If you stay in the resort, you get one free personal pacer! Send us an email with your hotel confirmation and we will get you a $50 off discount code. Reservation will be confirmed at packet up for pacer.
- Why is the race field limited? Due to the size of the course, we want to make sure that
runners are able to easily pass without slowing. We also don’t want to get cancelled, so this
will keep us well under the current limits for COVID gatherings.
- Why aren't there finisher medals? The reward for this race is the qualifying time. If you are
entering this race, you already know you can finish... we want you to meet your time goal!
Qualifiers will earn a Boston Qualifying Challenge Coin to memorialize your achievement
(design coming soon)
- Where are the pacers? It's on your wrist or the time clock every time you pass the
start\finish line. We are trying to keep the course clear for people to run their own race. If
you are trying to run a 3 hour marathon and come up on a 25 person group running a 4 hour
marathon that you need to pass, that's going to be frustrating for all the participants.
- Can I have a personal pacer? YES! After much discussion, we have decided to allow
personal pacers. Registration for a Pacer is $50 and each runner is permitted to have as
many as they want….. but only one is allowed on the course at a time. Each pacer will be
assigned a bib and wrist band with their runners number. Pacers must be with their runner
at all times on the course. Pacers will enter and leave the course at the start\finish line.
- How easy is it to see friends and family? We promise you will not run another race that you
can see your crew as much as you can here. In 13 loops, you can easily see them 25+
- How do the aid stations work? We will provide a water station at about the 1 mile mark of
the loop (approximately 1.2 miles from the start of the run). Around the start\finish line will
be the tables that you can put out your own nutrition to grab as you come by. Additionally,
there will be a designated area on the course where your "crew" can hand you bottles or
gels as you need them. Please see the video and course map for where nutrition will be
located on the course
- Will there be an expo? We are working on the details.
- Why is the cost of this race higher than most? With the restrictions from Covid-19, the costs
to put on events has gone up drastically. Due to the limitations on field size, the overall cost
is spread amongst a much smaller pool of people. To our surprise, there wasn't much
difference in cost between a 350 or a 3500 person event. We cut costs where we could to
make sure you are still getting the event you deserve.
- What is the expected temperature? Morning temps in Feb can range from 35-50 degrees.
We expect perfect running temperatures.
Video of Run2BQ Course
Although the route on mapmyrun is accurate, there are some things to note.
- La Toretta Blvd is now Margaritaville Blvd
- At no time are you running on unpaved roads. The resort has been redesigned since this
satellite image was last taken.
- The Finish of this route is the end of the loop\finish\celebration area
- Immediately after the start\finish is a path that the satellite does not show
- The first .2 of a mile on Margaritaville Blvd will only be run at the start of the race. After
completing the first loop, you will continue following that same path
- The elevation on MapMyRun is not correct and we will be posting correct elevation from a
garmin shortly. We can tell you that the course is nearly completely flat If there is any
elevation, it would be a slight uphill of a few feet while on La Costa Dr and a long downhill on
- The water station will be right after the turn onto Margaritaville Blvd
- The nutrition aid station will likely be right after the start\finish line on the path between the
- Crew stations will be in the grassy area after turning left back onto Margaritaville Blvd after
passing the nutrition aid station.
- ***Please watch the video!!!!
- Margaritaville Resort 2/13/21 Saturday Noon-6pm
- Race Day from 5-6am (there will be an additional charge of $25 for race day packet pickup)
3pm - Athlete Briefing. Q&A with the race director to go over any last minute changes.
5-6am - Packet Pickup
6am - convention center opens for warmups
7am - Race starts
11:10am - Race ends
$100 - generic 16 week marathon training plan
$200 - custom 16 week marathon training plan
$400 - 4 months of custom 1-on-1 coaching
Training plans and 1-on-1 coaching are provided by Vantage Point Endurance. If you decide to
have a personal coach, Vantage Point is discounting their normal coaching price to $100/mth
with no sign-up fees. You will decide which of their coaches you feel is right for you. After the
race you can continue your coaching with your coach at their normal rate.