Flannel Trail Challenge 150
As the cold weather and waning sunlit days descend upon us, let us gather, at a social-distance of course, to accomplish some big freaking running goals to uplift us through these literal and proverbial dark days. This is a time for us to celebrate our potential, a time for facing the challenges of winter head-on and upright, pushing daily for improvement, for the betterment of all mankind, each one of us, one mile at a time. Let's close out the final days of this calendar year racing to make next year much better, despite the season. The Flannel Trail Challenge 150 was brought to life to provide each of us with greater purpose to live!
Flannel Challenge 150 Details:
The FC150 consists of 3 separate courses; 1 course in each state (DE, MD & PA). Each course is within a 30-min drive of Hockessin, DE Each course is specific yet varying in distance. Your goal for each course is the same however, cover 50-miles, on your own, specifically, virtually.
Once registered you will be accepted to the private Facebook Group where all course maps will be posted (not before Monday December 21st) - all registered participants will also be emailed course maps December 21st.. You will have 90-days, Monday December 21, 2020 to Saturday March 20, 2021 to run 50 miles on each of these specific courses. 150-miles/90-days = 1.6miles/day. You can run any mileage and any course you choose over a period of runs through the duration of the event period, but the goal is to successfully complete 50-miles on each course, specifically as mapped, by the last day of winter, March 20, 2021.
You must submit (either sharing in the Facebook Group or email) visual proof of distance/time/map so that results can be updated on a rolling weekly basis. Official results will be updated each week on Mondays.
All registered participants will receive the official Flannel Challenge 150 Winter 2020 Flannel Blanket!
- Run any course all 50-miles at once or over a period of time, your fastest combined times will be your official time for that course.
- Run the course in any direction you choose, they are all loops, all have the same start/finish location, though that start/finish spot may not be close where you start. It is up to you stay on the specified course. Part of the adventure!
- Run courses solo or in small groups but of course, keep your distance!
- Your results from each run must be posted to the Facebook page (must be registered to gain access) or emailed/messaged directly for it to be considered in the Challenge scoring. Scoreboard will be posted to the Facebook group and emailed
- All FC150 finishers (complete all 150-miles) will get the official Flannel Challenge 150 campfire coffee mug! There will also be special prizes in multiple categories, also shipped, for overall M/F in the categories listed below (Must be registered by December 21, 2020 to be considered for prizes.
Overall M/F fastest combined time from all three courses
Overall M/F fastest single complete course finishers, as the course is mapped, DE, MD, & PA
Overall M/F to complete all 3 courses (150-miles) in the least amount of days (not time on course).
You will be emailed all course maps on Monday December 21st. Course loops vary from 1.5-miles to 4-miles. You do not have to run events in any order. Your fastest combined time for 50-miles on each course (as the course is mapped) will be used for scoring. All distances are approximate. If you get off course, have fun! Extra miles are free!