Fit & Able Productions is a Cary-based non-profit that serves area youths and families in competitive and recreational sports. Our Spring season training program is the Triangle Track Team focusing primarily on running (distances and sprints) and conditioning. Kids of all ages and skill levels are welcome to participate, and parents too! Team Fit & Able is a USATF sanctioned club and USATF membership is required to join the team.
Endurance Magazine - Best Charity Training Team in the Triangle
Team Fit & Able brings USATF Certified Coaches together with athletes that want to accelerate their training while having fun reaching their goals. We adhere to USATF's principle goals to encourage and facilitate our youth to develop physically through team practices and meets, emotionally through growth and positive self-image, and socially through development of friendships and interaction with positive role models. Weekly practices are designed to help athletes set and reach personal goals in both track and field events.
Race Entries: All Team Fit & Able members will have discounted registration for Fit & Able-owned athletic events. Discount codes will be provided by email and may only be used by registered team members.
Here's what you need to do to join the team!
First, USA Track & Field membership is required to participate. USATF membership is not included in the team registration fee. You can register to become a USATF member here: www.usatf.org/membership/application/index.asp. You will need your USATF member number for registering for the team in the next step. If you already have a current USATF number, go to the next step.
- Annual Membership: $25 ages 18 & under and $40 for adults
* Annual Membership is good for all Team Fit & Able seasons.
Second, you will need to sign up for the team online here: https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Cary/TriangleTrackTeam.
- Regular Season: $140 per person for the whole season
- Multi-Person Discount: $130 per person for the whole season if registering 2 or more family members together
- One Day Drop-in: $10 per person (must sign and bring the appropriate USATF Waiver: Adult or Youth; limit 1 Drop-in session per person per season)
Third, once you have registered for the team and we have your USATF member number, we will send you the season activity sheet and USATF waivers. Please fill them out and bring it to the first practice you are attending. Welcome to the Team!
Meet Entries: Where it applies, meet entries are separate, some meets will offer team discounts or are free.
Team Members: All Team Fit & Able participants will have discounted registration for Fit & Able owned athletic events.
NOTE: NO REFUNDS, TRANSFERS, or EXCHANGES.
Events: We will focus on running with sprints and distance events.
Athletes: All ages 6 and up and skill levels are welcome. Parents are encouraged to sign up and train with their young athletes!
Regular Season Practices: The Full Season runs from March 24th - May 12th. Sundays 3:00 – 4:00 PM (on occasion until 4:30 PM) and Wednesdays 5:00 – 6:00 PM in March, 6:00 - 7:00 PM in April. Practices will typically be held at area parks. Please note: Some practices may be moved to accommodate meet conflicts. Details for each practice will be sent by email the night before.
Weather Cancellations: Practices will be cancelled if the weather conditions are or are predicted to be hazardous. Notice will be emailed as soon as possible and text messages sent to athletes that have given the coach a cell number. The cancellation decision is at the coaches’ discretion. Practices cancelled due to weather will not be rescheduled.
Current Schedule Changes:
- March 28 - moved to Saturday March 27th due to Palm Sunday
- April 4 - Easter Sunday No Practice
- May 5 - Cinco de Mayo Early Practice
- May 9 - Mother's Day Late Practice
Alisa Wright Colopy, MA, MPH
- Level 1 and Level 2 USA Triathlon Certified Coach
- Level 1 USA Track & Field Certified Coach
- USA Triathlon Event Director and Youth Event Certification (Pending)
- US Olympic Committee 2000 Developmental Coach of the Year in Triathlon
- President, Fit & Able Productions, Inc.
- Experience: over 25 years including triathlon, track & field, cross country and off-season conditioning with Fit & Able, Cary Academy, Saint Mary’s School, the YMCA, AARP, and TAC
- Athletics: 100’s of races from 5K’s, marathons, sprint triathlons, and Ironman distances
We can't wait to see you at practice!
* * * *
The Triangle Track & Field Team and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this site is often shared to other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has supported community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support this event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.