First Place For Health believes in the power of Christ to ignite radical, transformative change in our lives, which includes our physical health. We challenge you to take a 40-Day VIRTUAL TREK to walk hand-in-hand through the peaks and valleys of our road to physical wellness–however that may look–together. Within 40 days your mission is to travel 40, 80 or 120 miles in the name of physical and spiritual wellness. You can take this trek on foot -- run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, at the gym or on the track; or on a bike-- outside or inside. You can even substitute your favorite exercise activity for miles (20 minutes of activity equals one mile). You get to complete your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
We also encourage you to seek additional donations from friends and family on behalf of your efforts. What better way to keep you motivated to be active each day than knowing that you are doing good not only for you body and metal health but also for your community.
Each participant gets the following items each with the event logo:
- A printable race bib
- An event t-shirt
- A finisher's medal
- Digital milestone badges
- Entries into raffle and random prize drawings
- A printable finisher certificate
- That blessed feeling you get for doing something good for yourself and for others
YOU CAN DO IT!
- 40 Miles is 1 mile per day for 40 days or 1.33 miles per day with 10 days off
- 80 Miles is 2 miles per day for 40 days or 2.67 miles per day with 10 days off
- 120 Miles is 3 miles per day for 40 days or 4 miles per day with 10 days off
Participants will have access to a website to record their results each day. Here you will be able to view a leaderboard and see where you stand against others in the challenge.