August is hot...but still a great time to run, and we hope you'll come join the runners of RMRR. We'll run our August 5k on the Highline Canal around DeKoevend Park, and we'll do it carefully and safely. As always, everyone is welcome, and it's just $10 cash or Venmo for guest runners!
RMRR have developed registration and race protocols that will keep us all safe from COVID, and to manage this, we'll ask everyone to come a little earlier, wear your mask unless running, and be considerate of both your fellow runners and other park-goers. Please see the race details below for how we ask our runners to stay safe during the event.
Race Day Details
Date: Friday August 6
Time: 6:30 pm start. Show up at least 1 hour early to walk from your car, get your registration info, and warm up. COVID is making everything slower and more deliberate. Thanks for helping!
Distance: 3.1 miles / 5k
Course: Race runs on the crusher/fine Highline Canal path around DeKoevend Park.
Course on Strava: https://www.strava.com/segments/22931643
Location: DeKoevend Park in Centennial. We run from the pavilion behind Goodson Recreation Center.
Google Parking Link: Goodson Rec Center Parking
General Guidance - COVID Changes
- Wear a mask except when you’re running. You will need your mask to register and run!
- Come a little earlier than usual, and be patient. It will take a little more time to go through our self-serve registration process.
- Keep that 6 foot distance from your friends before and after the race. Do your best to do it during the race, too!
- We will have volunteers to help guide you through our race processes. Please listen when they request your attention.
- Sorry, but no potluck…yeah, we’re bummed, too. If you want to sit on the grass after and talk to folks who are safely distanced, that’s ok, but we won’t have any organized food and drink this year. That includes water on the course, so bring your own!
PLEASE PLEASE be careful of your friends. Don’t come if you’ve felt sick with COVID symptoms or might have been recently exposed to COVID.