Athletes come from all over the U.S. to try out this unique event! Join us for a race on the old abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpike. The stretch of road was bypassed in 1968, leaving 2 tunnels and miles of pavement untouched by traffic for over 50 years. The course was also featured in post-apocalyptic movie "The Road".
Registration includes a custom race hoodie, finishers medal, post-race snacks, race photos, and more.
Schedule of Events
- Early Packet Pick Up: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, 16503 Lincoln Highway, Breezewood PA 15533
- Packet pickup (for both Saturday and Sunday races): 7:30am - 9:15am at race site
- Pre-race meeting: 9:20am
- Half Marathon and 4 Mile Start: 9:30am
- 4 Mile awards: approx. 10:30am
- Half Marathon awards: approx. 12:15pm
- Course closes: 2:00pm (4.5 hour limit, about 20:30 min per mile pace)
- Packet pickup: 7:00am - 8:20am at race site
- Pre-race meeting: 8:25am
- Marathon Start: 8:30am
- Half Marathon Starts: 9:00am
- Half Marathon awards: approx. 12:00pm
- Half Marathon course closes: 1:30pm (4.5 hour limit, about 20:30 min per mile pace)
- Marathon awards: approx. 2:00pm
- Marathon course closes: 3:30pm (7 hour limit, 16 min per mile pace)
- Finisher medals to everyone who completes the half marathon, marathon, or 4 mile race
- Awards to the top 3 overall males and females in each distance
- Awards to the top 3 males and females in the following age groups in each race: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-59,60-64,65-69, 70+.
- Separate awards for the Saturday and Sunday half marathons