*** The race is capped at 200 runners, register before it sells out! ***
Join us on Sunday, February 14 for the Sri Chinmoy 5K, featuring a scenic, flat and fast 5K loop around Flushing Meadows Park. USATF certified course.
Multiple staggered physically distant waves starting at 9AM.
Sponsored by the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team in cooperation with the NYC Parks Department.
Event details and schedule
Bag check, aid stations every 1.5 miles, free race shirt, medals for all finishers
The following is a list of measures we are taking in order to help protect the health and safety of participants and race personnel. As the situation is fluid, this page may be updated. Please make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book in order to receive important race updates.
- This race is capped at 200 participants. You must register in advance, there will be no race-day registration.
- in the 14 days prior to the event if you 1) experience COVID-19 symptoms, or 2) test positive for COVID-19, or 3) come in close contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case, you may not attend the event.
- Only registered runners with their race bib pinned to the front of their shirt will be permitted in the race staging area. Sorry, no guests / spectators.
- Face coverings and physical distancing (min. 6 ft.) are mandatory at all times in the race staging area.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the race staging.
- There will be multiple wave starts, from 9:00AM - 10:00AM. You will be pre-assigned a wave and informed via email of your wave start time at least 3 days before the race. You cannot switch waves.
- Face coverings are required during the race when physical distancing is not possible.
- Sealed water bottles will be available at aid stations in lieu of water cups.
- After finishing, please exit the race area as soon as you can.
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days following the event, you must notify us immediately.
A scenic, flat and fast USATF certified 5K loop starting at the north end of Meadow Lake, passing the iconic World's Fair Unisphere, Fountain of the Planets, Queens Zoo, New York State Pavilion and Queens Museum of Art.
USATF course certification NY16032JG, NY16033JG
All participants will receive their race shirts and bibs in the mail in advance of the race, to further limit on-site interactions on race-day. There will be no packet pickup on race day.
The cost of shipping is included in the race registration fee. You will be notified by email when your package ships. Please help us by registering early, entering a valid U.S. shipping address, and adding email@example.com to your address book to ensure you receive all notifications.
Men’s and Women’s awards categories:
Under 50: Top 3
50 & Over: First Place
Medals for all finishers
Awards will be mailed to winners after the race (there will be no awards ceremony at the race).
Free race T-shirts guaranteed for all participants registered by January 31.
T-Shirt sizes are Unisex: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2XL
All participants have 1 hour to complete the 5K
All participants must be 13 or older to compete in the 5K
$30 Through Jan. 24
$35 Through Jan. 31 (T-shirt guaranteed)
$40 until registration closes
Strictly no race-day registration.
Entries cannot be transferred to another person.
You can drive to the race (free parking right next to race-day central), or take the Subway (7 train to Mets-Willets point)
Please familiarize yourself with the directions on our race website before race day, Flushing Meadows Park is a VERY BIG park (larger than Central Park), we don’t want you to get lost!
Will be posted on our race webpage within 24 hours.
From race directors to course monitors, all Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team races are staffed by its own volunteers since the Team’s inauguration in 1977 by its founder and fitness advocate, Sri Chinmoy.
Today, the SCMT organizes over 500 races a year in 20 countries across 5 continents, ranging from short kids fun-runs, to marathons to the world’s longest certified road race – the annual Self-Transcendence 3100 mile race (yes, 3,100 miles, it’s not a typo). We love running and putting on races – we hope you enjoy the friendly atmosphere we provide, free of commercial sponsors.