Registration is open now! Learn more at https://runwildretreats.com/moab-mindful-running-retreat/
This retreat is rated Level II, which means we recommend you have a base fitness level that allows you to run up to 8 miles at a time on roads. It doesn’t matter how fast or slow you run–really!
- Daily runs at this retreat range from 5 miles to 9 miles on singletrack trails.
- Two guides accompany the group to support the different pace groups, so there’s no pressure to run faster than you’re comfortable.
- Trail running experience isn’t necessary. Your retreat leader provides trail-running tips for running in this terrain.
- You’ll encounter trails with loose rocks, and some exposure to heights. You can walk/hike trail sections as you need.
- The trail surfaces are a mix of loose sand, sandstone rock and dirt trail. None of the trails are truly flat–you have to focus on your footing, which is why we stop often to take photos and soak up the views.
- Trail running shoes and a hydration pack that can carry at least 1 L of water are required.
- Learn more about how we manage run pacing here: https://runwildretreats.com/about-the-run-wild-retreat-experience/levels/