Leon's America's Race Series will be returning to birthplace of Leon's Triathlon, Robinson Lake/Brickie Bowl in Hobart Indiana for the Inaugural America's First Responders Triathlon. The Inaugural America's First Responders Triathlon is a Sprint Triathlon.
Race Date: Sunday, June 27, 2021
Race Name: America's First Responders Homecoming Triathlon
Race Location: Robinson Lake/Brickie Bowl - Hobart, IN
Triathlon Type: Sprint Triathlon
Packet Pick-up: TBA
Event details and schedule
America's First Responders Triathlon
This triathlons consist of running, swimming, and biking (in that order). Like all triathlons, athletes utilize a secured Transition area to grab their required gear and move from one discipline to the next. The clock begins when each wave starts the swim and ends once each respective athlete crosses the finish line. There are no time breaks during the first or second transition period.
Super Sprint Distance
Sunday’s triathlon offers a Super Sprint Distance:
- Sprint Distance:
- Starts: 3 Mile Trail Run from Brickie Stadium to Robinson Lake
- Middle: .25 Mile Swim in Robinson Lake
- Finish: 10 Mile Bike Ride to the Finish Line
Choose From A Variety Of Divisions
Participants may choose a specific race category (known as “divisions”) to start alongside, indicated during the online enrollment process. Athletes may elect to compete for awards or simply prefer to be “non-competitive” and enjoy the experience with their peers, including:
- Age Groups: All individuals are automatically placed in this category, unless choosing a different division during the registration process. Age groups are subdivided by gender and five-year age increments (e.g. 20-24, 24-29, 30-34, etc.). It is important to note that Age Groups are assigned based on athlete age as of December 31 of race year (thus no changes during the calendar year). Age Group participants compete against their own 5-year peer group.
- First Responders: Known as the “BlueLine Wave,” this division is open to all active duty and retired law enforcement, fire, EMS and non-military personnel. Proof of status must be presented at Packet Pick-Up. First Responder awards are subdivided by gender in both Sprint and Olympic distance.
- Armed Forces: This division is open to all active, retired and veteran military personnel from any branch of service. Proof of status must be presented at Packet Pick Up. Military awards are awarded to the top 3 finishers by gender in both Sprint and Olympic distance.
- Athena or Clydesdale: Generally heavier participants may opt-into this division. These athletes are subdivided by gender, each of whom must meet these minimum weight requirements, and will be required to weigh-in prior to competition:
- Athena: 165+ lbs
- Clydesdale: 220+ lbs
- Medical Industry: This category is open to any active or retired individual who worked within an Medical Industry.
Join us to celebrate all the First Responders, and Medical workers at the Inaugural America's First Responders Triathlon presented by Leon's America's Race Series.