The covid-19 pandemic and the resulting economic challenges have hit the most vulnerable sectors of our society the hardest. Members of Kerala Association of Delaware Valley (KADAVU) - a 501 (c)(3) non-profit community-based volunteer organization - are organizing a Virtual 5K/1K Run-Walk to raise funds for the community charity efforts.
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is one that can be run or walked from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on a trail, on a treadmill, on a track, or around your quarantined living room! This is your own race, at your own pace, at whatever time you decide. All participants will do a 5K or 1K Run-Walk in their own homes or backyards, following the social distancing guidelines. The event starts at 8:45 am and ends at 3 pm.
How does it work?
First, pick your route or favorite treadmill. The route needs to be the 5k distance or 3.1 miles. Once that is settled, you will run, jog, or walk the distance. Make sure to track the distance and time yourself! This is a great way for new runners to start to experience endurance racing, so grab a few of your running buddies and get out there and complete the Virtual Love Run.
Share your activity pictures on social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. with the hashtag #kadavu5k #nevergiveup #staysafe
- Participant assumes full responsibility and assumes all risk. Participant will not hold KADAVU or its office bearers responsible for any accident or eventuality rising out of his/her participation in this event.
- This is meant to be a fun family event to raise funds for charity. The funds raised may be used for COVID related donations. All donations from this event will be donated to the Chester County Food Bank (CCFB).
By participating in the event, the participant agrees to all terms and conditions and agrees to abide by all the rules of the event.
- Participant also understands, agrees and assumes the risk that by sharing his/her activity on a video conferencing platform such as Zoom, implies that the activity could be viewed by others.
- Safety first. Please get medical advice if needed, before any vigorous physical activity. Stay safe while attending the event.
- On the date and time of the event, you can run or walk a 5k (3.1 miles). For kids, the activity may be limited to 1 k (10 minute activity). If you wish to share the activity with others, please join the zoom meeting at the event time.
- Use your phone or a fitness device (Apple watch, Garmin, Fitbit, etc.) to register your distance and time. Post your time along with your pictures, if you wish. Please note that no winners will be announced as this is meant to be a charity fundraiser. Everyone’s a winner!!
- You are encouraged to do the 5k within your home
If you prefer not to run/walk and do a physical activity instead, say, on an elliptical, please register a 30 min activity
- Share your activity pictures on social channels such as Facebook, Instagram with the hashtag #kadavu5k #nevergiveup #staysafe
- Since this is a virtual 5k, if 9 am does not work for you, you can start and finish the activity any time on the same day. You can join this virtual activity from anywhere in the world
Please register and donate here
- Please treat this as a fun event and support the cause in raising funds. We will not be timing the event and no winners will be announced
- Adults and kids of any age can participate. So can your pet