I Ain't Afraid O' No Ghost
Experience Pennsylvania's 2020 Trail of the Year - the Ghost Town Trail! The half marathon course travels through the scenic Blacklick Creek Valley. In the past, this area was full of small mining and logging communities. Today, much of the valley has been reclaimed by nature. There are some remaining signs of these towns along the trail. The Ghost Town Trail is a must-visit destination!
"Very nice views with some history along the way." - Andy, alltrails
All participants will have the option to start their race at any point from 8:00 am to 8:30 am. The start will be chip timed so there is no penalty to starting later. All results will be based on net (chip) time.
"This is a gorgeous trail." - Jannette, yelp
Restrooms & Aid Stations:
- Portable restrooms will be placed near the start/finish area and along the course.
- Aid Stations with refreshments and first aid kits will be available along the course.
- Race Parking will be available near the Start/Finish area at Saylor Park.
"We've been on almost all of the bike trails in Pittsburgh, and have to admit, the Ghost Town Trail... may be our favorite..." - Jeremy, Discover the Burgh
Awards will be given to the Top 3 Overall Male and Female Open & Masters Finishers as well as the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups: 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+. There will be no in-person award ceremony. All awards will be mailed. A virtual awards ceremony will be posted on YouTube in the week following the event.
"I've ridden a lot of trails and this is one of the best." - J, traillink
Out and back from Saylor Park. Course Time limit is 4 hours (18:18 min/mile).
- Male Overall: Adam Van Campernolle - 1:26:57 (2021)
- Female Overall: Melissa Conjack - 1:29:40 (2021)
- Male Masters: Ben Hines - 1:31:31 (2021)
- Female Masters: Rachel Bankaci - 1:37:27 (2021)
For more race information, please visit https://wolfcreektrackclub.com/ghost-creek-half-marathon/