TMC Meet Me Downtown Weekend is Tucson's biggest running event -- with multiple races, live music, beer garden, family festivities, post-race after-party and discounts to Tucson's hottest Downtown restaurants and bars.
Saturday Night, June 2: 12th Annual TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk -- Tucson's biggest running event! Registration and activities opens at 4:00.
- 4:00 Registration begins with jumping castles, vendor expo and other activities -- free entry to the Children's Museum
- 6:00 pm Men's and Women's Mile, for all ages and abilities, including prize money and awards for the RRCA West Regional Championship -- tutus and joggers and all are welcome!
- 6:15 Battle of the Badges for all first responders and military
- 6:30 FitKidz Free Mile for Children 12-and-under
- 7:00 TMC 5k Night Run/Walk -- for all ages and abilities, including the RRCA State 5k Championship
- Ongoing party on site, with After-Party at Hotel Congress
Known as MMD (#meetmedowntown5k), the race has become a city-wide block party, featuring discounts to local restaurants, a beneficiary and vendor expo, children's activities, a beer garden, rock n' roll bands, and an awesome after-party at iconic Hotel Congress. To promote the great sport of running, MMD features a flat course, thousands of dollars in prize money, and age group awards.
The first leg of the popular 2018 Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown, TMC Meet Me Downtown has raised more than $150,000 for local charities over the years. To make it easy, you can use this page to sign up for the Triple Crown!
Something for everyone: The TMC Meet Me Downtown weekend focuses on family-friendly activities, including a free FitKidz One Mile Walk/Run, kids activities hosted by TMC, and free entry into race beneficiary the Children's Museum. All TMC Night Run participants receive a free t-shirt with our unique Tucson-flavored artwork.
TMC MEET ME DOWNTOWN 5k TEAM CHALLENGE DETAILS
For Saturday night's TMC 5k Night Run/Walk, It's easy to create team of 5 people or more! Make up a team name, then enter that team name in the online registration portal when prompted -- or add the team name to the mail-in registration form. You do not need to create a Team Captain, though the online form gives a space for adding that.
PLEASE NOTE: The way pricing works is that the first four (4) team members to register are asked to pay the current non-team price -- but once a fifth member joins the team, the RunSignUp platform will send a refund to the first 4 members for the appropriate amount, basically giving those first 4 a $5 refund and bringing their entry fee back to the team price.
Team with the most participants receives $150 gift certificate to be used at Hotel Congress/Cup Cafe or Maynard's Kitchen.
- Random raffle: one team will receive $150 gift certificate to be used at Hotel Congress/Cup Cafe or Maynard's Kitchen.
- The fastest women's team of 5 or more will win $300 (conventional cross country scoring will be used)
- The fastest men's team of 5 or more will win $300 (conventional cross country scoring will be used)
TMC Meet Me Downtown Overview
- Customized men’s and women’s t-shirts with the awesome artwork of Pete Marenfeld
- Local daredevils Cirque Roots will have stiltwalkers and others on hand
- Tucson’s local musical stars Santa Pachita will rock the house as the main stage band!
- Wide Downtown boulevards with neighbor support leads to fast course, plus prize money for top finishers and age group awards in 5-year categories
- Sponsor and vendor expo Saturday afternoon and evening
- 6th Annual Running Race Food Truck Round Up, with local vendors offering food and drinks for purchase
- Refreshing post-race Beer Garden: bring ID to get your free cold beverage
Meet Me Downtown was founded by Randy and Tia Accetta 12 years ago to promote Downtown Tucson by providing fitness and social opportunties for all ages and abilities.